Middle Level Education: Language Arts
Become a middle school teacher and empower students in grades 4-8 to become life-long readers with this specialized teaching degree.
Why study Middle Level Education: Language Arts?
Connect one-on-one with faculty, fellow students, and other professionals through classroom instruction, hands-on learning, and field placements:
- Prepare to work in the education field with children in grades four through eight developing students’ literacy skills.
- Learn the philosophy of middle level education and effective classroom management strategies.
- Participate in school-based observation and participation each semester and gain real world experience with field experiences beginning with your first semester, pre-student teaching placements, and 14 weeks of student teaching in your last semester.
Receive personalized attention and top-notch instruction in a supportive environment:
- Our Stairs to Success developmental plan for success will guide you through your time at Keystone.
- 92% of students receive financial aid.
- Over 150 scholarships are awarded yearly.
- Language Arts Teacher
- Elementary School Teacher
- Middle School Teacher
- Reading Specialist
- Abington Christian Academy
- Riverside School District
- Scranton School District
- Staunton City Public Schools
Keystone student-to-faculty ratio
increase in jobs over the next 10 years
Keystone students employed or continuing their education within six months of graduation
Median annual salary for middle school teachers
Important Resources for Education Students
Heather Shanks-McElroy, PhD
Jan Kaskey, MS
Jeanie Prall, MS
Karen Arcangelo, PhD, NCSP
Mariel H. Consagra, MS
Maryellen Tharp, MS
Michelle Dudley, PhD
You Belong at Keystone
Become part of the Keystone family!