Middle Level Education: Language Arts
Become a middle school teacher and empower students in grades 4-8 to become life-long readers with this specialized teaching degree.
Why study Middle Level Education: Language Arts?
Connect one-on-one with faculty, fellow students, and other professionals through classroom instruction, hands-on learning, and field placements:
- Prepare to work in the education field with children in grades four through eight developing students’ literacy skills.
- Learn the philosophy of middle level education and effective classroom management strategies.
- Participate in school-based observation and participation each semester and gain real world experience with field experiences beginning with your first semester, pre-student teaching placements, and 14 weeks of student teaching in your last semester.
Receive personalized attention and top-notch instruction in a supportive environment:
- Our Stairs to Success developmental plan for success will guide you through your time at Keystone.
- 92% of students receive financial aid.
- Over 175 scholarships are awarded yearly.
- Language Arts Teacher
- Elementary School Teacher
- Middle School Teacher
- Reading Specialist
- Abington Christian Academy
- Riverside School District
- Scranton School District
- Staunton City Public Schools
- To develop candidates’ content knowledge related to learners, content areas, and evidenced based practices essential for effective and equitable teaching.
- To prepare candidates with skills for planning and implementing purposeful learning experiences
- To guide and prompt students to acquire knowledge, skills and competencies regarding a broad range of computer technologies and software and to use them responsibly.
- To prepare candidates so they acknowledge multiple perspectives and plan diverse experiences to address the academic, interpersonal, and emotional needs of all learners.
- To prepare candidates to collect and analyze and use multiple assessments and tools to enhance student achievement.
- To prepare candidates to respect and demonstrate professional integrity through behaviors that reflect national, state, and institutional ethical standards and equip students to operate as collaborative professionals.
- To provide authentic field experiences for students so they can demonstrate their learning as they observe and work with a teacher and support staff and interact with children in a learning environment.
Keystone student-to-faculty ratio
increase in jobs over the next 10 years
Median annual salary for middle school teachers
Important Resources for Education Students
Caroline Millen, PhD
Heather Shanks-McElroy, PhD
Karen Arcangelo, PhD, NCSP
You Belong at Keystone
Become part of the Keystone family!