Karen Arcangelo, Ph.D.
Chair of the Education Department, Associate Professor and Program Director of Early Childhood Education/Special Education, and Faculty Coordinator of Adult and Online Learning
Ward Hall 204
- Ph.D. in School Psychology – Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- M.S. in School Psychology – Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- B.S. in Psychology – Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- Certified School Psychologist
- Introductory Psychology
- Child Development
- Psychology of Adolescence
- Personality Psychology
- Cognition and Learning
- Characteristics and Needs of Exceptional Learners
- Special Education Processes and Procedures
- Family Partnerships; Advocacy, Collaboration, and Transitions
- Developmental Assessment
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Arcangelo, K.& Arcangelo, K. (March 2017). Keeping it Cool for the Kids: Teaching Self-regulation Skills to Young Children, presented at the Pennsylvania Head Start Association Annual Conference, State College, PA
- Arcangelo, K. & Cooper, L. (November 2014). “Effective Family Conferences” presented at the Early Childhood Education Summit, State College, PA.
- Anthony, D. & Arcangelo, K. (September 2014). “Atta Boy/Girl: Effective Strategies for Acing Your Accreditation Review” presented at the 6th Annual Quality Matters Conference on Quality Assurance in Online Learning, Baltimore, MD.
- Arcangelo, K. & Cooper, L. (March 2014). “Let’s Talk: Practical Tips for Effective Family Conferences” presented at Midwestern Early Childhood Institute, Grove City, PA
- Anthony, D., Arcangelo, K., Porter, D. & Flynn, M. (August 2013) “Best Practices in e-learning” presented at Keystone College Faculty Symposium, La Plume, PA
- Arcangelo, K. & Sweeney, J. (January 2012) “Transitions in the Classroom to Support Healthy Social-emotional Development” presented at Northeastern Pennsylvania Head Start, Scranton, PA
- Arcangelo, K. (2011) “What Early Child Care Providers Need to know about Autism Parts I and II” presented at Childcare Providers Early Childhood Education Conference
- Arcangelo, K. & Langan, F. (March 2009) “Early Childhood Professional Portfolio: Content, Organization, and Assessment” presented at Pennsylvania Higher Education Institute, Hershey, PA
- Arcangelo, K., Kanaley, C., Shanks-McElroy, H. (2009). “Exploring Transitions from a School District Perspective and Exploring Transitions from a Preschool Perspective” presented at HANDS of Wyoming County and Keystone College Transition Conference. La Plume, PA
- Arcangelo, K. & Langan, F. (December 2008). “Creating a Dual Certificate in special education and Early Childhood Education” presented at Pennsylvania Assistance and Technical Network, Harrisburg, PA
- Arcangelo, K. & Kanaley, C. (2008) “Transitions to Kindergarten: Let’s Get Ready: Preparing Children for transitions to Kindergarten” presented at HANDS of Wyoming County, PA
- Lewandowski, L. & Arcangelo, K. T. (1994). The social adjustment and self-concept of adults with learning disabilities, Journal of Learning Disabilities, 27 (9), 598-605
- Arcangelo, K. T. & Lewandowski, L. (1989). Evidence of Validity for the Diagnostic Achievement Battery, Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, 7(1) 46-55.