We acknowledge and embrace the importance of diversity in today’s world and provide community experiences for a diverse campus life. There are many opportunities to learn about other cultures and lifestyle differences at various programming, activities, and events throughout the year, including a Diversity Topics Luncheon held each semester.
Student Disability Services, a division of the Library & Learning Center, is committed to providing equal access to academic, social, cultural, and recreational programs for all qualified individuals with disabilities. The office is located in Miller Library 307.
Contact Disability Services
Safe Zone Campus
Contact Diversity Services
Action and Empowerment Center
Located in The Hibbard Campus Center, The Action and Empowerment Center is intended to create an open and supportive environment for all students and student groups/clubs by encouraging dialogue, collaboration, and exploration of culture, identity, intersectionality, and difference. As a work in progress, we want all to share ideas for the space in order to best build an inclusive program and center.
Goals for the center:
- Create a welcoming and supportive environment for the Keystone College campus community.
- Establish a space and avenue for identity celebration.
- Create a climate of intentional interaction and collaboration between individuals and groups.
- Develop leaders for positive social transformation.
- Enhance student learning and personal development through intentional Multicultural/Diversity/Inclusion programming.
Student Learning Outcomes for the center:
- Diversity awareness: Students will acquire and articulate knowledge about diverse groups and cultures.
- Cognitive development: Students should gain a greater cognitive and social development derived from experiences in diverse learning environments.
- Identity enhancement: Students should better understand their sense of ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, gender, and other social identities because of participating in programs.
- Leadership: Programs should provide students opportunities for leadership development within diversity and inclusion.
“Keystone helped make college more affordable for me so I could pursue my major and choice of sport.”
Hometown: New York City