We acknowledge and embrace the importance of diversity in today’s world and provide community experiences for a diverse campus life. There are many opportunities to learn about other cultures and lifestyle differences at various programming, activities, and events throughout the year, including a Diversity Topics Luncheon held each semester.
Action and Empowerment Center
Located in the Hibbard Campus Center, The Action and Empowerment Center creates an open and supportive environment for all students and student groups/clubs by encouraging dialogue, collaboration, and exploration of culture, identity, intersectionality, and difference. As a work in progress, we want all to share ideas for the space in order to best build an inclusive program and center.
Goals for the Center:
- Create a welcoming and supportive environment for the Keystone College campus community.
- Establish a space and avenue for identity celebration.
- Create a climate of intentional interaction and collaboration between individuals and groups.
- Develop leaders for positive social transformation.
- Enhance student learning and personal development through intentional Multicultural/Diversity/Inclusion programming.
Student Learning Outcomes for the Center:
- Diversity awareness: Students will acquire and articulate knowledge about diverse groups and cultures.
- Cognitive development: Students should gain a greater cognitive and social development derived from experiences in diverse learning environments.
- Identity enhancement: Students should better understand their sense of ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, gender, and other social identities because of participating in programs.
- Leadership: Programs should provide students opportunities for leadership development within diversity and inclusion.
Latest on Diversity at Keystone
This month’s Teaching and Learning e-newsletter coincides with National Public Health Week,which runs from April 5 – April 11. Ensuring that communities are safe and healthy is the toppriority of public health and in the midst of the most challenging...
Student Disability Services, a division of the Library & Learning Center, is committed to providing equal access to academic, social, cultural, and recreational programs for all qualified individuals with disabilities. The office is located in Miller Library 307.
Contact Disability Services
Safe Zone Campus
The Safe Zone training program for faculty and staff of Keystone College aims to create a visible network of support for LGBTQ individuals and their allies.
Contact Diversity Services
Diverse Student Clubs and Organizations
Opposing Prejudice Ending Negativity (O.P.E.N.)
Black Student Union (BSU)
In accordance to Keystone College’s policy and commitment to diversity, the Black Student Union will serve as a representative of students of color to provide an inclusive community to ensure a successful academic and social experience for all students.
Mofyah Step Team
Multicultural Affairs Student Association (MCASA)
“Keystone helped make college more affordable for me so I could pursue my major and choice of sport.”
Hometown: New York City