Facebook pixel
APPLY NOW +

About Yamile

Yamile Nieves Santana is a 21-year-old digital media major. She takes pride in her focus on painting. Yamile plans on continuing her career in art as a tattoo artist. She hopes to one day have that as her main job in the future.

Art is freedom to me. I feel like I can make it as I please, be as meticulous, neglectful, expressionistic, and silent as I would prefer. So, my art expresses the passion I put into it. My art represents me, my emotions, and what I like. It’s as serious or unserious as I’d like to make it. I love that part too. If I wanted to make something that’s idea is utterly ignorant, I would make it into something ironically beautiful also. If I had to tie that to the idea of the feminine gaze, it would be that my art is inherently feminine as it is beautiful, and I have very few pieces of male subjects.

Poster Design

Senior Art Exhibition: “Feminine Gaze”

Get to know Keystone's talented senior visual art students as they prepare for their senior exhibition, "Feminine Gaze." Their dedication and hard work has brought them to this launching point in their careers as professional artists.

They have spent years honing their skills in preparation for their professional debut. The show will feature painting, sculpture, glass, photography, and ceramics.

Location: AFA Art Gallery, Scranton, PA
Exhibit Opening: April 7, 2023
Exhibit on display: April 7-April 29
The gallery’s regular hours are Thursday through Saturday, 12-6 p.m.

Senior Exhibition Artists

Cassandra Clapper
Madison Guzzo
Kelly Landon
Emma Amaral
Alyssa Morris
Susan Rode
Yamile Nieves Santana