Facebook pixel
APPLY NOW +

About Emma

Emma Amaral is a 22-year-old ceramic artist from Mansfield, Pa. Emma will graduate from Keystone College in May of 2023 with a bachelor of arts degree in visual arts with a concentration in art therapy, ceramics, and sculpture, along with a minor in psychology. She found her voice as she used her sculptures to depict thoughts and emotions. She plans to open a studio for young artists.

From the time I got to Keystone, every senior I talked to about having a senior show said, “You have to have a set plan and outcome.”

But why, I asked? I have always believed art has no rules so why do I have to know what I’m doing. So, I decided I was just going to start making things and see what happened. From there I started making sculptures that depicted the way things made me feel. When I started doing this, I started to find a beauty in all the things I hated about myself. I also found a way to cope with things I was struggling with and was able to express them through my art.

Poster Design

Senior Art Exhibition: “Feminine Gaze”

Get to know Keystone's talented senior visual art students as they prepare for their senior exhibition, "Feminine Gaze." Their dedication and hard work has brought them to this launching point in their careers as professional artists.

They have spent years honing their skills in preparation for their professional debut. The show will feature painting, sculpture, glass, photography, and ceramics.

Location: AFA Art Gallery, Scranton, PA
Exhibit Opening: April 7, 2023
Exhibit on display: April 7-April 29
The gallery’s regular hours are Thursday through Saturday, 12-6 p.m.

Senior Exhibition Artists

Cassandra Clapper
Madison Guzzo
Kelly Landon
Emma Amaral
Alyssa Morris
Susan Rode
Yamile Nieves Santana