Facebook pixel
APPLY NOW +

About Madison

Madison Guzzo grew up in Northeast Pennsylvania and has been creating artwork since she was young. She took many art classes during her high school years and decided then that she wanted to pursue a career in art. Madison is now attending Keystone College, obtaining a bachelor of science degree in art education, with a concentration in oil painting. She plans to continue with her education after graduating, working towards a master’s in art therapy while teaching. somewhere. Eventually, she would like to open her own studio, where she can create, teach, and inspire others through her work.

Fashion has been a love of mine since I was young. From playing dress-up in my mom’s clothes to having dreams of being a fashion designer, clothing has always been a huge part of my life. As I grew older, my interests in art and fashion continued to develop. I fell in love with painting, especially with using oil paints. I completed my first cloth painting as a required still-life for a class. This is when I realized I had found my niche within my artwork. Combining my love for both fashion and painting satisfied my soul.

My current works are inspired by New York City street fashion, and the paintings are referenced from the works of many different photographers. Fashion is a way of artistic expression and is unique to every individual. These paintings are meant to represent the power of fashion, showing that clothing has the ability to speak for itself, independent of who or what may be behind them. Creating these works has provided me with the perfect balance between challenging my artistic skills and satisfying my creativity.

I loved making these paintings come to life, and I am excited to see where I go from here. Developing these works has inspired me with many other ideas that I am eager to bring to fruition. For a while, I felt creatively burnt out from creating required works for my classes. However, starting my work for this show refueled my passion for painting and made my ideas flourish. After this, I intend to continue developing my paintings in a fashion-oriented direction, expanding on the idea that fashion has life within itself.

Poster Design

Senior Art Exhibition: “Feminine Gaze”

Get to know Keystone's talented senior visual art students as they prepare for their senior exhibition, "Feminine Gaze." Their dedication and hard work has brought them to this launching point in their careers as professional artists.

They have spent years honing their skills in preparation for their professional debut. The show will feature painting, sculpture, glass, photography, and ceramics.

Location: AFA Art Gallery, Scranton, PA
Exhibit Opening: April 7, 2023
Exhibit on display: April 7-April 29
The gallery’s regular hours are Thursday through Saturday, 12-6 p.m.

Senior Exhibition Artists

Cassandra Clapper
Madison Guzzo
Kelly Landon
Emma Amaral
Alyssa Morris
Susan Rode
Yamile Nieves Santana