Facebook pixel
APPLY NOW +

About Alyssa

Alyssa Morris is an artist based in Scranton, Pa. She will receive a bachelor of arts degree in visual arts in 2023, with concentrations in photography, ceramics and sculpture. She has had a hand in the arts for most of her life, drawing inspiration from other artists in her family. She hopes for her artwork to convey many emotions to her viewers with her fusion of the female form and aspects of nature.

Growing up I, as well as many other young girls, struggled with my body image and allowed media to influence my mind so greatly. Since moving into higher education and appreciating the beauty of the female form through the arts in history, especially ancient Greek sculptures, I fell in love with the idea of conveying it into my art. I wanted the idea of the female form being one with nature to provide a positive message in contrast to those that lead some girls to believe that their own body is unnatural and not beautiful unless it’s changed to fit society’s ideals. I hope to show that self-love isn’t selfish but rather a crucial part of growing into yourself.

Poster Design

Senior Art Exhibition: “Feminine Gaze”

Get to know Keystone's talented senior visual art students as they prepare for their senior exhibition, "Feminine Gaze." Their dedication and hard work has brought them to this launching point in their careers as professional artists.

They have spent years honing their skills in preparation for their professional debut. The show will feature painting, sculpture, glass, photography, and ceramics.

Location: AFA Art Gallery, Scranton, PA
Exhibit Opening: April 7, 2023
Exhibit on display: April 7-April 29
The gallery’s regular hours are Thursday through Saturday, 12-6 p.m.

Senior Exhibition Artists

Cassandra Clapper
Madison Guzzo
Kelly Landon
Emma Amaral
Alyssa Morris
Susan Rode
Yamile Nieves Santana