A chemistry minor consists of a minimum of 18 credits in chemistry and requires one 1000-level course and two 3000- and/or 4000-level courses. The remainder may be chosen from current discipline course offerings at any level and are determined by the student and academic advisor.
Chemistry Minor Course Options
The chemistry minor does have specific course requirements as listed below:
- CHEM 1120 – General Chemistry I
- CHEM 1125 – General Chemistry II
- CHEM 2210 – Organic Chemistry I or CHEM 2120 – Environmental Chemistry
AND choose one of the following
- BIOL 3120 – Biochemistry
- CHEM 3110 – Forensic Chemistry
- CHEM 3115 – Instrumental Analysis
Students may not minor in their major field of study and must declare their minors prior to registering for GRAD 2110 (graduation). Consult the program coordinator to determine if additional minors are available. The College does not guarantee the availability of all courses necessary for all minor options.