Equal Employment Opportunity
About this course
Equal Employment Opportunity is an important concept for HR managers, employees, and job applicants to understand. In this introductory-level course, you will learn about many of the major employment laws, Equal Opportunity issues, and the anti-discriminatory regulations employers must be aware of in hiring, promoting, and firing employees. Earn SHRM and HRCI credit while learning about this important topic in human resources management.
- Explain significant employment and anti-discrimination laws
- Explain important equal employment opportunity concepts
- Describe the basic steps for dealing with discrimination complaints
- Describe the core elements of an affirmative action program
- Recognize different forms of harassment and discrimination
- Explain the EEOC’s process for handling workplace discrimination charges
Estimated length: 3 hours
Access Time: 90 days
HRCI credits: 2.5 (General) | SHRM credits: 2.5
Online courses and certificates, offered by a trusted partner, are self-paced and can be conveniently accessed anytime and anywhere from a computer with an internet connection. Courses are engaging and include real-world examples, videos, interactive games, assessments, and focused instruction. An "Ask the Expert" feature allows you to pose course-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours. Courses are accessible, customizable, integrated, printable and mobile-friendly.