Cybersecurity for Human Resource Professionals
About this course
This course introduces cybersecurity concepts to those who work in the field of human resources. Particular focus is placed on working in conjunction with more technical departments in delivering to employees effective training and policies regarding corporate security. The course also engages learners on security concerns specific to the type of data handled by human resources departments.
- Exhibit a foundational understanding of cybersecurity
- Responsibly advocate for HR’s role in cybersecurity policy and training
- Develop the communication tools necessary to interface with technical and security professionals in the workplace
- Identify major legislation in relation to workplace cybersecurity
- Enumerate specific programs that HR professionals should implement in regard to employee training and motivation for cybersecurity
- Display the knowledge and mindset to participate in strategic planning around the topics of cybersecurity, governance, incident response, and business continuity
[icon name=”clock-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Estimated length: 1.5 hours
[icon name=”calendar” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Access Time: 90 days
[icon name=”check” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] HRCI credits: 3 (General) | SHRM credits: 3
[icon name=”globe” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Delivery: Online
[icon name=”credit-card-alt” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Cost: $79
Online courses and certificates, offered by a trusted partner, are self-paced and can be conveniently accessed anytime and anywhere from a computer with an internet connection. Courses are engaging and include real-world examples, videos, interactive games, assessments, and focused instruction. An "Ask the Expert" feature allows you to pose course-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours. Courses are accessible, customizable, integrated, printable and mobile-friendly.