Current Issues Facing Women in Business
About this course
This general awareness course will assess the representation of women in various domains, including sports, politics, education, STEM fields, pink-collar jobs, and managerial positions. We will also review challenges that many working women face, as well as strategies for addressing those challenges both as an individual and from an organizational perspective. The course concludes with a brief review of milestones in the history of women in the workplace and an assessment of some ways that better representation of women can benefit businesses.
- Recognize some of the challenges facing women in business
- Discuss the role that gender stereotypes play in creating challenges for women in business
- Describe factors that contribute to the different ways that men and women are treated in the workplace
- Identify fields in which women are underrepresented as well as some of the causes for that underrepresentation
- Identify fields in which women are overrepresented as well as some of the causes for that overrepresentation
- Summarize some of the advances that have been made toward combating gender discrimination in the workplace
- Describe benefits of supporting women in positions of leadership
- Identify ways to address unfair treatment in the workplace
Estimated length: 3 hours
Access Time: 90 days
HRCI credits: 3 (Strategic Business) | SHRM credits: 3
Online courses and certificates, offered by a trusted partner, are self-paced and can be conveniently accessed anytime and anywhere from a computer with an internet connection. Courses are engaging and include real-world examples, videos, interactive games, assessments, and focused instruction. An "Ask the Expert" feature allows you to pose course-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours. Courses are accessible, customizable, integrated, printable and mobile-friendly.