Prepare for physical therapy schools with a rigorous foundation in biology that will give you a deeper understanding of the workings of the human body.
Why Study Pre-Physical Therapy?
Connect one-on-one with faculty, fellow students, and other professionals through classroom instruction, hands-on learning, and internships:
- Receive top-notch guidance from mentors and advisors as you prepare for graduate study in physical therapy.
- Prepare for continued doctoral studies in physical therapy at one of many universities offering that concentration of study.
- Meet the needs for transfer into most doctoral programs in physical therapy, including Thomas Jefferson University and SUNY Upstate Medical University.
Receive personalized attention and top-notch instruction in a supportive environment:
- Our Stairs to Success developmental plan for success will guide you through your time at Keystone.
- 92% of students receive financial aid.
- Over 150 scholarships are awarded yearly.
What can I do with a pre-physical therapy degree?
Students complete their undergraduate study in biology at Keystone and then continue at other highly respected institutions to pursue their graduate or doctoral degrees in physical therapy. Generally, the remainder of their doctoral degree can be completed in three additional years.
- Exercise Physiologist
- Recreation Therapist
- Physical Therapy Consultant
- Orthopedic Physical Therapist
- Pediatric Physical Therapist
- Sports Team Physical Therapist
- Abington Manor
- Allied Services
- CORE Fitness and Rehab
- Pivot Physical Therapy
Successful Giant: Rolando J. Rodriguez '18
A 2018 graduate of Keystone, Rolando completed his Doctor of Physical Therapy at Rutgers University in 2021. He is currently a Sports Physical Therapy Resident in the ProRehab and University of Evansville Sports Residency Program.
Keystone student-to-faculty ratio
increase in jobs over the next 10 years
Median annual salary for physical therapy careers
Amazing opportunities—on campus and beyond
From internships and experiential learning opportunities to travel and conferences, you’ll have many opportunities to conduct real-world experiences, work with your peers and mentors in your chosen field, and learn first-hand the latest skills to succeed in the real world.
Participate in a foundational experience focused in the biological sciences through extensive classroom instruction, guided laboratory experiences, and independent research experiences.
Connect with professionals through hands-on learning and internships such as: Veterans Health Administration, UPMC, and Geisinger Health Systems.
The Future Healthcare Professionals Club is a community of students with a common interest in the field of medicine. Club members can participate in various healthcare related programs and events both on and off campus throughout the school year.
Follow KCBPS on Social Media!
Erin Johnson, MPH
Jessica Faux, PhD
Joseph Iacovazzi, MS
Kayleigh Delfino, MPH
Nicole Diette, PhD
Patricia Bederman Miller, PhD
Patrick M. Ratchford, PhD
Vicki A. Stanavitch, PhD
Youyu Phillips, PhD
You Belong at Keystone
Become part of the Keystone family!