Prepare for a career in medicine, dentistry, chiropractic and more through rigorous classroom and research experience.
Why Study General Biology?
Connect one-on-one with faculty, fellow students, and other professionals through classroom instruction, hands-on learning, and internships:
- Participate in a foundational experience focused in applied aspects of scientific theory through extensive classroom instruction, guided laboratory experiences, and independent research experiences.
- Engage with faculty and peers through research experiences, the senior seminar, and capstone research projects, and present your work at the annual research symposium and regional and national conferences.
- Learn about analytical instrumentation like end point and real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), High-Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS), Infrared Spectroscopy, Ultra-violet Spectroscopy, Capillary Electrophoresis, DNA Sequencing, & ICP-OES.
- Gain hands-on analytical and instrumental experience studying biological systems.
Receive personalized attention and top-notch instruction in a supportive environment:
- Our Stairs to Success developmental plan for success will guide you through your time at Keystone.
- 92% of students receive financial aid.
- Over 150 scholarships are awarded yearly.
Successful Giant: Victoria Homfield '19
“Without Keystone College, I wouldn’t be where I am today. My advice for current students is to recognize and appreciate the advantages of the tight-knit community that Keystone offers, along with all the faculty and staff who are rooting for your success.”
Keystone student-to-faculty ratio
increase in jobs over the next 10 years
Keystone students employed or continuing their education within six months of graduation
Median annual salary for biology careers
What can I do with a biology degree?
The rigorous biology program can lead to a number of rewarding careers, as well as graduate or medical school. You will be prepared for graduate studies or careers in science, medicine, dentistry, chiropractic, physician’s assistant, pharmacy, physical therapy, veterinary medicine, and biochemistry.
- Physician’s Assistant
- Research Scientist
- National Institute of Health
- Sanofi Pasteur
Amazing opportunities—on campus and beyond
From internships and experiential learning opportunities to travel and conferences, you’ll have many opportunities to conduct real-world experiences, work with your peers and mentors in your chosen field, and learn first-hand the latest skills to succeed in the real world.
Participate in a foundational experience focused in the biological sciences through extensive classroom instruction, guided laboratory experiences, and independent research experiences.
Connect with professionals through hands-on learning and internships such as: Geisinger Health Systems, UPMC, US Fish and Wildlife Service and Pfizer.
Students in science clubs participate in individual projects and observe group demonstrations, and attend various conferences and excursions.
Follow KCBPS on Social Media!
Kayleigh Delfino, MPH
Nicole Diette, PhD
Jessica Faux, PhD
Joseph Iacovazzi, MS
Erin Johnson, MPH
Patricia Bederman Miller, PhD
Youyu Phillips, PhD
Patrick M. Ratchford, PhD
Vicki A. Stanavitch, PhD
You Belong at Keystone
Become part of the Keystone family!