Why study accounting at Keystone College?
Become a highly skilled and successful professional accountant.
Our accounting graduates have an advantage when continuing their education to include the 150 hours necessary to sit for the CPA exam. They are well prepared for graduate work that puts them in a higher level of competition. In fact, our accounting graduates have a 97 percent job placement record, proving that an accounting degree from Keystone College will prepare you for great careers in the accounting field.
The Advantages of a Keystone College Accounting B.S. Degree
- 97% placement of our graduates
- First year students accepted on a full-time basis into the accounting program may be eligible to receive scholarships up to $15,000, including the Professional Accounting Scholarship awarded at $4,000 per academic year
- Student to instructor ratio of 11:1
- Students can participate in PICPA or Institute of Management Accountants’ affiliates
- Students are prepared to sit for the CPA and/or CMA exams
- Students create a professional portfolio, an effective marketing tool when applying for employment and attending interviews
This degree can be earned online.
Accounting Internships and Experiential Learning
Not all education happens in the classroom. Certain lessons can only be learned through direct hands-on experiences outside of the classroom with real world experiences in the field. Internships and other field experiences give students the opportunity to connect one-on-one with faculty, fellow students and other professionals. Students will acquire leadership and management skills, professional growth and personal fulfillment that can’t be gained in the classroom. All Accounting majors complete an internship of 6 credits.
Careers in Accounting
Accounting is a versatile degree and the job growth for the next eight years is expected to be 16%. Students who graduate with a degree in accounting may find jobs in many areas including:
- Bank Examiner
- Certified Management Accountant
- Cost Accountant
- FBI Agent
- Financial Advisory (Municipal, County, State and Federal levels of government)
- Financial Manager
- Forensic Accountant
- Heath Care (Accountant, Financial Manager)
- Internal Auditor
- Internal revenue Service Agent
- Management Consultant
- Operations Accountant
- Tax Manager
Potential starting salaries in this field are close to $41,000 and have the potential during a career to reach from $81,000 to $300,000 or more. The big four accounting firms start at $61,690.
"The faculty at Keystone serve as mentors and friends. They are here for you when you need them, both inside and outside the classroom."
Shane McGuire, CPA | Class of 2007
Shane is currently the Senior Financial Analyst at the United Methodist Home.
Graduates with Careers in Accounting Field
Keystone graduates have been hired by Arthur Anderson, AT&T, Bradford County Human Services, Cigna Healthcare, CPG Int., Davidson Fox & Company, LLP, Farley Financial, F.M. Howell & Co., Gibbons Ford, Guthrie Healthcare Systems, Harper Collins Publishers, Ingersoll-Rand, Landmark Community Bank, Lockheed Martin, Lowe’s, Mercy Hospital, Moody’s Investment Services, Nabisco, Parente Randolph, Paxar Corporation, Penn Security Bank & Trust Company, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Procter and Gamble, Prudential Financial, McGrail, Merkel, Quinn and Associates (MMQ), Robert Rossi & Co., and Time Warner.
Real World Experience
From internships and experiential learning opportunities to travel and conferences, you’ll have many opportunities to conduct real-world experiences, work with your peers and mentors in your chosen field, and learn first-hand the latest skills to succeed in the real world.