Make a calculated business decision with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting.
Why Study Accounting?
Connect one-on-one with faculty, fellow students, and other professionals through classroom instruction, hands-on learning, and internships:
- Prepare for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) exams.
- Participate in Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) or Institute of Management Accountants’ affiliates.
- Learn to create a professional portfolio, an effective marketing tool when applying for employment and attending interviews.
- Gain practical experience during various internship opportunities.
- First year students accepted on a full-time basis into the accounting program may be eligible to receive scholarships up to $15,000, including the Professional Accounting Scholarship awarded at $4,000 per academic year.
The Department of Business, Management, and Technology at Keystone College has received specialized accreditation for its business program(s) through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11960 Quivira Road in Overland Park, Kansas, USA. For a list of accredited programs please view our IACBE member status page.
What can I do with a degree in accounting?
- Certified Management Accountant
- Financial Manager
- Forensic Accountant
- Heath Care (Accountant, Financial Manager)
- Internal Auditor
- IRS or FBI Agent
- Tax Manager
- Bank of America
- Cawley, Johnson & Sanders, PC
- IG Design Group Americas, Inc.
- Kriger Construction, Inc.
- PCS Retirement
Keystone student-to-faculty ratio
increase in jobs over the next 10 years
Median annual salary for accounting careers
Amazing opportunities—on campus and beyond
From internships and experiential learning opportunities to travel and conferences, you’ll have many opportunities to conduct real-world experiences, work with your peers and mentors in your chosen field, and learn first-hand the latest skills to succeed in the real world.
Students will acquire leadership and management skills, professional growth and personal fulfillment that can’t be gained in the classroom. All Accounting majors complete an internship of 6 credits.
Over 30 student-run clubs and organizations, including the FBLA organization, Phi Beta Lambda, and the Hospitality Business Management Club, are available and are a wonderful way to meet people, travel, learn about different subjects, and gain valuable leadership opportunities.
When you become a Giant, you will enjoy campus life in a passionate, close-knit community…a family. Keystone College comes together in many different ways with 18 Division III sports, a variety of student events, 276 acres to explore, and various ways to learn both inside and outside of the classroom.
“Keystone really helped prepare me for what I do on a daily basis. The faculty is excellent and every professor makes sure you are well-versed in the most current practices in the field.”
Jenny Davis, Class of 2016
Kasey Chermak, MS
Patricia Davis, PhD
Laura Little, DBA
Brenda Lidy, MS
Ronda Schiavone, MBA
Elizabeth Schneider, MBA, JD
Sandra R. Smith, PhD
Donald “Doc” Stacknick, MS
Chad Stevens, PhD
Kevin Vinson, MBA
You Belong at Keystone
Become part of the Keystone family!