Security Awareness Training
About the Course
Security Awareness Training teaches employees to identify and prevent security breaches before they happen. teaches employees to identify and prevent security breaches before they happen. For four cents per day per employee, your staff will have year-long, anytime, anywhere access to our highly-rated online security awareness training. This comprehensive training spans the facets of security awareness from in-office to remote security, email to phishing attacks, malware to ransomware, cloud to social media, and more. In addition, the optional phishing simulation features the ability to simulate phishing attacks to test employees’ ability to recognize and respond to attempted attacks.
- Describe the realms of security awareness and how each intersects
- Explain how a physical location is secured and best practices for preventing a breach
- Identify steps that employees should take to ensure data and device safety when working remotely
- Relate the risks of utilizing Cloud services and the steps employees can take to secure Cloud-stored data
- Explain how access to sensitive information is granted to employees and the ways in which access control practices keep data safe
- Describe the best practices for using social media so that data and accounts are not compromised
- List the ways in which hackers can use social engineering to gain access to sensitive information and what to do if a social engineering attack is suspected
- Relate the aspects of mobile devices that put them at risk for a cyber attack and what an employee should do to secure the device as best as possible
- List the forms of network security in place, the risks to these security measures, and the employee’s role in thwarting an attack
- Describe the correct steps to take when a breach of security occurs across any and every realm of security
Professional Development Institute
Janet M. Jones, Director, Professional Development Institute
John P. Gorel, Director, Corporate Relations
Office Location: Ward Hall
Estimated length: 2 hours
Access Time: 365 days
Certificate courses, offered by a trusted partner, are self-paced and can be conveniently accessed anytime and anywhere from a computer with an internet connection. Courses are engaging and include real-world examples, videos, interactive games, assessments, and focused instruction. An "Ask the Expert" feature allows you to pose course-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours. Courses are accessible, customizable, integrated, printable and mobile-friendly.
Keystone College reserves the right to cancel or postpone any program due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. If a program is canceled, registrants will be notified and a refund will be processed. Requests for refunds for withdrawals must be submitted in writing five days prior to the start of the program. Refunds will not be issued for failure to attend a program.
Interested in more workshops? Check out the Keystone College Professional Development Institute's continuing education and personal enrichment course offerings below: