About this course
In its broadest sense, “performance management” is what every good manager does every day: makes sure employees know what they need to do to achieve the organization’s goals, checks to make sure the employees are doing those things, praises employees for doing the right things, and uses constructive criticism when that is not the case. A formal performance management system simply makes sure all those management tasks get done consistently across an organization. This introductory-level course considers these varied elements of performance management. Earn SHRM and HRCI credit while mastering these important elements of human resource management.
- Explain the value of a performance management system
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages of different performance appraisal methods
- Conduct a performance management interview
- Describe various performance-based incentive strategies
- Apply organizational development practices alongside individual performance management
- Describe the process of Management by Objectives
- Apply methods of quality management to products and services
Estimated length: 1.5 hours
Access Time: 90 days
HRCI credits: 3 (General) | SHRM credits: 3
Online courses and certificates, offered by a trusted partner, are self-paced and can be conveniently accessed anytime and anywhere from a computer with an internet connection. Courses are engaging and include real-world examples, videos, interactive games, assessments, and focused instruction. An "Ask the Expert" feature allows you to pose course-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours. Courses are accessible, customizable, integrated, printable and mobile-friendly.