About this course
To be successful and move ahead in his or her career, a manager must understand how to manage people, including motivating workers and coordinating their activities. This course will explain how the goals, empowerment, measurement system of management can be employed and how organization structures differ. The course will also cover the difficulty of discipline while trying to maintain productivity and momentum.
- Describe how managers must handle people—subordinates, peers, superiors, and customers—to achieve goals
- Explain how delegation is a key tool for managing
- Discuss the role of emotional intelligence (EI) in managing
- Understand your own attitudes toward empowering management
- Describe the major organizational structures and the differences between them
- Explain the different factors that motivate workers and how a manager can use them to improve employee performance
- Identify the defining characteristics, benefits, and unique challenges of empowered teams
- Explain how coaching employees is a vital part of managing in any organization
- Discuss the challenges of discipline and how a manager should deal with such situations
Estimated length: 5 hours
Access Time: 90 days
HRCI credits: 5 (General) | SHRM credits: 5
Online courses and certificates, offered by a trusted partner, are self-paced and can be conveniently accessed anytime and anywhere from a computer with an internet connection. Courses are engaging and include real-world examples, videos, interactive games, assessments, and focused instruction. An "Ask the Expert" feature allows you to pose course-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours. Courses are accessible, customizable, integrated, printable and mobile-friendly.