HR Hot Topic: Handling Workplace Violence
About this course
Conflict is inevitable in every workplace environment but can typically be resolved with strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills. However, there are times when conflict escalates to a level that puts a worker’s well-being or safety at risk. Such dangerous conflict can have devastating effects on an organization, dissolving its focus and resources and even causing it to shut down operations completely. This course will explore the causes and signs of violence in the workplace and will provide tips on how to diffuse dangerous behavior and restore a positive, safe workplace environment.
- Define workplace violence
- Identify the warning signs of violent behavior
- Explain the causes of violence in the workplace
- Describe strategies for resolving dangerous conflict
- Discuss the role of emotions in people’s behavior
- Identifying bullying behavior and address its presence in the workplace
- Explain ways to prevent and deal with assault and sexual harassment in the workplace
- Describe ways to handle active shooter and hostage situations
Estimated length: 1.5 hours
Access Time: 90 days
HRCI credits: 1.5 (General)
Online courses and certificates, offered by a trusted partner, are self-paced and can be conveniently accessed anytime and anywhere from a computer with an internet connection. Courses are engaging and include real-world examples, videos, interactive games, assessments, and focused instruction. An "Ask the Expert" feature allows you to pose course-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours. Courses are accessible, customizable, integrated, printable and mobile-friendly.