HR Fundamentals for Managers
About this course
Proper management of human resources is vital for creating and sustaining a skilled and engaged workforce, developing a positive business culture, and generating a competitive advantage. In every business where a manager supervises a group of employees, that manager is responsible for some aspect of human resources, and successful managers know the importance of keeping up with current laws and HR best practices. This course equips managers with foundational HR knowledge in areas related to employee recruitment and selection, onboarding and training, compensation, and performance management.
- Describe the role of the manager in HR tasks
- Consider different approaches to employee recruitment
- Create a job analysis List the steps involved in employee selection
- Review various methods for evaluating prospective employees
- Describe the importance of onboarding
- Distinguish between training and development
- Describe common types of training and training delivery methods Identify elements of compensation
Estimated length: 3 hours
Access Time: 90 days
HRCI credits: 3 (General)
Professional Development Institute
John P. Gorel, Director, Corporate Relations
Online courses and certificates, offered by a trusted partner, are self-paced and can be conveniently accessed anytime and anywhere from a computer with an internet connection. Courses are engaging and include real-world examples, videos, interactive games, assessments, and focused instruction. An "Ask the Expert" feature allows you to pose course-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours. Courses are accessible, customizable, integrated, printable and mobile-friendly.