HR Ethics Series: Defining Business Ethics
About this course
This course provides an introduction to business ethics, laying a foundation for how the study of right and wrong can (and should) shape the way organizations conduct business. While everyone within an organization is responsible for upholding high ethical standards, this course will focus specifically on the role that human resources professionals play in establishing and maintaining an ethical culture within an organization. The course addresses the importance of a code of conduct and professional and legal standards within the business organization. It lays out different ethical systems and how they provide frameworks for making ethical decisions.
- Describe the role of ethics in the workplace
- Identify the intersection of human resources and ethics in business
- Recognize qualities of an effective code of ethics
- Understand how to implement and assess a code of ethics within an organization
- Describe some of the major ethical frameworks used in developing business ethics
- Summarize the three components of the ethical triangle: individual ethics, leadership ethics, and governance and control
- Recognize the varied influences involved in ethical decision-making
- Outline ethical models and guidelines
- Apply ethical principles to workplace scenarios
Estimated length: 1.5 hours
Access Time: 90 days
HRCI credits: 1.5 (Strategic Business)
Online courses and certificates, offered by a trusted partner, are self-paced and can be conveniently accessed anytime and anywhere from a computer with an internet connection. Courses are engaging and include real-world examples, videos, interactive games, assessments, and focused instruction. An "Ask the Expert" feature allows you to pose course-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours. Courses are accessible, customizable, integrated, printable and mobile-friendly.