How to Coach
About this course
Managers who lead and manage through coaching—providing encouragement, feedback, and support—are more successful in “working through others.” This course focuses on the skills and techniques of positive coaching in an organizational setting including listening actively, providing constructive feedback based on observation, reinforcing positive employee performance through recognition and praise, and teaching new skills.
- Explain how coaching employees is a vital part of managing in any organization
- Distinguish between managerial coaching, executive coaching, and personal coaching
- Identify the triggers for coaching and recognize characteristics of coachability
- Describe the five-step coaching process
- Explain the SMART technique of goal setting
- Explain the USED and GROW models for coaching
- Discuss the monitoring and follow-up coaching process
- Explain the differences between mentoring and coaching
Estimated length: 3 hours
Access Time: 90 days
HRCI credits: 3 (General) | SHRM credits: 3
Online courses and certificates, offered by a trusted partner, are self-paced and can be conveniently accessed anytime and anywhere from a computer with an internet connection. Courses are engaging and include real-world examples, videos, interactive games, assessments, and focused instruction. An "Ask the Expert" feature allows you to pose course-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours. Courses are accessible, customizable, integrated, printable and mobile-friendly.