Hiring, Managing and Developing Talent
About this course
This completely online and self-paced one-module course utilizes Inc. Magazine’s prize-winning editorial content to introduce basic concepts of human resources management, including recruiting; onboarding; talent development; and company culture. The focus is on providing practical, hands-on advice to entrepreneurs and small-business people, including video segments with analysis and commentary from industry-leading practitioners and subject matter experts. The course also offers real-world examples, how-to lists and advice, interactive games, and review questions to ensure mastery of the material.
- Decide which Human Resources functions you should outsource
- Decide what kind of help you need—employee or contractor?
- Write a job description
- Recruit job candidates online
- Set up a compensation plan aligned with your strategic goals
- Develop a system for onboarding new employees
- Decide what types of education and training will strengthen your company’s performance
- Give feedback and evaluate employee performance
- Build a strong company culture
- Identify star employees with the potential for leadership
- Mentor rising star talent
Estimated length: 3 hours
Access Time: 90 days
HRCI credits: 3 (Strategic Business) | SHRM credits: 3
Online courses and certificates, offered by a trusted partner, are self-paced and can be conveniently accessed anytime and anywhere from a computer with an internet connection. Courses are engaging and include real-world examples, videos, interactive games, assessments, and focused instruction. An "Ask the Expert" feature allows you to pose course-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours. Courses are accessible, customizable, integrated, printable and mobile-friendly.