Handling Workplace Conflict
About this course
As a manager, you will undoubtedly deal with conflict. And as you look around to figure out who will keep the peace, you might be realizing that person is now you. This course introduces the various forms of conflict that can arise in the workplace and presents strategies that managers can use to help deal with conflict situations. It includes video commentary from an expert in the field and presents some fictitious real-world scenarios that allow learners to practice applying the skills and strategies discussed throughout the course.
- Identify the different types of conflict in the workplace
- Describe some of the major causes of workplace conflict
- Discuss the Thomas-Kilman model of conflict
- Consider your personal conflict style and compare it to other styles
- Identify various conflict behaviors in the workplace
- Explore conflict resolution strategies
- Discuss best practices for handling difficult employees
- Describe what constitutes dangerous conflict and consider methods for handling risky situations
Estimated length: 6 hours
Access Time: 90 days
HRCI credits: 6 (General) | SHRM credits: 6
Online courses and certificates, offered by a trusted partner, are self-paced and can be conveniently accessed anytime and anywhere from a computer with an internet connection. Courses are engaging and include real-world examples, videos, interactive games, assessments, and focused instruction. An "Ask the Expert" feature allows you to pose course-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours. Courses are accessible, customizable, integrated, printable and mobile-friendly.