Digital Media minor
A digital media minor consists of a minimum of 18 credits and requires one 1000-level course and two 3000- and/or 4000-level courses. The remainder may be chosen from current discipline course offerings at any level and are determined by the student and academic advisor.
Digital Media Minor Course Options
The digital media minor does have specific course requirements as listed below:
- Mass Communication or Introduction to Film
- Broadcast Writing or Special Topics in Creative Writing: Screenwriting or Special Topics in Creative Writing: Playwriting
Four electives to be chosen from the following list:
- Introduction to Radio Production
- Digital Media Production
- Special Topics in Communication: Directing the Digital Film
- Special Topics in Communication: Producing the Digital Film
- Special Topics in Communication: Advanced Digital Media Production
- Special Topics in Communication: Advanced Video Production
- Special Topics in Communication: Electronic Publishing
- Special Topics in Communication: Web Design for Multimedia
- Advanced Audio Production
- *Special Topics in Film
*Students may use only one (1) FILM 3005 topic to satisfy the minor requirement.
Students may not minor in their major field of study and must declare their minors prior to registering for GRAD audit at graduation. Consult the program coordinator to determine if additional minors are available. The College does not guarantee the availability of all courses necessary for all minor options.