Be part of a $15 billion industry and prepare to be a leader in the business of sport and recreation.
Why Study Sport and Recreation Management?
Connect one-on-one with faculty, fellow students, and other professionals through classroom instruction, hands-on learning, and internships:
- Build a well-rounded business foundation and develop skills in multiple aspects of the sport, recreation, and leisure industry.
- Gain leadership and management skills through various organizations and event planning.
- Learn the business of recreation and sport including aspects of leading activities, facility management, program planning, ticket sales, event coordination, marketing and promotion, media, and public relations.
- Work alongside faculty and peers who are interested in networking and exploring careers in the sport and recreation industry.
- Learn to create a professional portfolio, an effective marketing tool when applying for employment and attending interviews.
- Gain practical experience through internship opportunities
Receive personalized attention and top-notch instruction in a supportive environment:
- Our Stairs to Success developmental plan for success will guide you through your time at Keystone.
- 92% of students receive financial aid.
- Over 150 scholarships are awarded yearly.
The Department of Business, Management, and Technology at Keystone College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.
What can I do with a degree in sport and recreation management?
- Athletics Administration
- Federal, State, and Municipal Park Management
- Fitness Management
- Resort Managment
- Special Events and Promotions
- Sport Marketing
- Youth Program Management
- Riverfront Sports
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Keystone College Athletics
The sports and recreation management industries are rapidly expanding, and with that growth comes an increasing need for professionals to plan, market and manage teams, facilities and recreational programs. Today’s job market seeks qualified professionals with specific business and industry skills as well as field experience.
Keystone student-to-faculty ratio
increase in jobs over the next 10 years
Median annual salary for sports and rec careers
Amazing opportunities—on campus and beyond
From internships and experiential learning opportunities to travel and conferences, you’ll have many opportunities to conduct real-world experiences, work with your peers and mentors in your chosen field, and learn first-hand the latest skills to succeed in the real world.
Students studying sport and recreation management gain invaluable experience with a 120 hour senior internship. Our Sport & Recreation majors have interned at some great locations including Riverfront Sports, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, and Keystone College Athletics.
Over 30 student-run clubs and organizations, including the Sport Management and Recreation Team (S.M.A.R.T.) and the Hospitality Business Management Club, are available and are a wonderful way to meet people, travel, learn about different subjects, and gain valuable leadership opportunities.
When you become a Giant, you will enjoy campus life in a passionate, close-knit community…a family. Keystone College comes together in many different ways with 18 Division III sports, a variety of student events, 276 acres to explore, and various ways to learn both inside and outside of the classroom.
“Faculty at Keystone have helped me in every way with preparing for next steps and opportunities, including an internship with the Philadelphia 76ers basketball camp as a Facility Management intern. As the Athletic Equipment Manager for the Keystone Basketball team, my goal is to make a better experience for both players and coaches.”
Talib Morris, Class of 2022
Kasey Chermak, MS
Patricia Davis, PhD
Laura Little, DBA
Brenda Lidy, MS
Ronda Schiavone, MBA
Elizabeth Schneider, MBA, JD
Sandra R. Smith, PhD
Donald “Doc” Stacknick, MS
Stavros Triantafyllidis, PhD
Chad Stevens, PhD
You Belong at Keystone
Become part of the Keystone family!