Data Analytics, B.S.
Hybrid Program Benefits
This program includes online courses as part of the curriculum through our partnership with Rize. These online courses offer students cutting-edge curriculum, greater scheduling flexibility, access to nationwide experts in the field, and access to even more resume-ready skills.
In this program, you will:
- Learn data collection, information theory, computer programming, and math to solve challenging problems through a data-driven lens.
- Work with your peers and faculty to analyze real economic, social and geographic data.
- Explore key principles and techniques of data science and learn to create informative data visualizations.
- Pursue careers in business, finance, and healthcare.
Giant Careers for Data Analytics
The number of data analytics jobs are expected to grow by 28%, more twice the average job. Your newfound understanding of data can shape the way you look at problems in a wide range of careers, such as business, finance and healthcare.
Some courses in this program are taught virtually through Rize Education.
The Data Analytics program is intended to produce students with strong technical skills who are able to solve challenging problems through a data-driven lens.
- IT 1140 Foundations of Data Analytics I
- IT 1145 Foundations of Data Analytics II
- IT 3195 Principles and Techniques of Data Analytics
- IT 4920 Data Analytics Practicum
- CPSC 3110 Data Structures
- IT 1120 Introduction to Programming: Python
Do I really need a degree to work in Data Analytics?
Was this program really created with corporate partners?
What will my career look like?
How do I know if I’m interested in this major?
What is a flipped classroom?
A flipped classroom is one where the focus is not on lectures, but on discussion, projects, and problem-solving. Students in flipped classrooms get the chance for more instructor feedback, and as a result have been found to learn much, much faster.
What does live class optional mean?
Flexibility. Optional live sessions mean our courses can be completed asynchronously, but you will still have the ability to attend live sessions with your instructor. Many students prefer learning that comes with live interactions, while other students love the flexibility of doing them whenever they fit into their schedule.
Who will be in my class?
Can Data Analytics grads only work as Data Scientists?
- Collect, clean, and analyze complex datasets.
- Create clear and compelling visual representations of data finding using tools like data visualization software.
- Apply best practices and ethical considerations to the management of data.
- Apply data analytics techniques to solve real-world business problems.
- Students will communicate successfully in individual and team settings.
You Belong at Keystone
Become part of the Keystone family!