Work-Life Balance for Women in Business
About this course
Everyone finds that their life is unbalanced from time to time. If left unaddressed, that lack of balance can cause stress, decreased productivity, and even health problems. Stereotypes and expectations about what matters to women can exacerbate work-life balance challenges. This course explores the importance of prioritizing things that matter to you, both at work and at home, and introduces techniques that can help individuals and organizations make work-life balance possible.
- Identify the major sources of work-life balance conflict
- Discuss the myths about work-life balance — including the “make time later,” division of labor, and “quality time” myths
- Identify your personal work-life priorities and goals
- Describe double standards that men and women face when it comes to work-life balance
- Explain why it is important to say “no” to some opportunities
- Consider various strategies for managing stress and avoiding burnout
Estimated length: 3 hours
Access Time: 90 days
SHRM credits: 3
Online courses and certificates, offered by a trusted partner, are self-paced and can be conveniently accessed anytime and anywhere from a computer with an internet connection. Courses are engaging and include real-world examples, videos, interactive games, assessments, and focused instruction. An "Ask the Expert" feature allows you to pose course-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours. Courses are accessible, customizable, integrated, printable and mobile-friendly.