Optimizing Operations and Managing Crises
About this course
This completely online and self-paced one-module course utilizes Inc. Magazine’s prize-winning editorial content to introduce basic concepts of business operations and crisis management. The focus is on providing practical, hands-on advice to entrepreneurs and small-business people, including video segments with analysis and commentary from industry-leading practitioners and subject matter experts. The course also offers real-world examples, how-to lists and advice, interactive games, and review questions to ensure mastery of the material.
- Discuss the importance of the operations side to your company’s business
- Select a chief operating officer with the appropriate experience and skill set
- Explore technological solutions to streamline your business operations
- Consider ways to apply artificial intelligence to your company’s operations
- Articulate the different types of crises and hazards that may threaten your business
- Prepare yourself and your management team to provide strong crisis leadership
Estimated length: 3 hours
Access Time: 90 days
HRCI credits: 3 (Strategic Business) | SHRM credits: 3
Professional Development Institute
John P. Gorel, Director, Corporate Relations
Online courses and certificates, offered by a trusted partner, are self-paced and can be conveniently accessed anytime and anywhere from a computer with an internet connection. Courses are engaging and include real-world examples, videos, interactive games, assessments, and focused instruction. An "Ask the Expert" feature allows you to pose course-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours. Courses are accessible, customizable, integrated, printable and mobile-friendly.