Finance Essentials Certificate
About the Certificate
This online certificate and coursework guide learners to organize and interpret the financial health of a business. From budgeting, the time value of money, risk, and ROI, learners gain the ability to read financial data and turn those insights into impactful decisions that move the business forward. You’ll learn how to calculate key financial management indicators, how to assess financial health by reviewing balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flow. You’ll also discover how finance and accounting tools can be used to support informed decision making within organizations.
- Financial Planning and Control
- How to Read a Financial Statement
- Introduction to Business Statistics
- Introduction to Finance
- Time Value of Money and Risk
- Understanding and Managing Budgets
- Learn the basic finance concepts such as return on investment (ROI), fixed and variable costs, and payback period
- Understand the fundamentals and importance of the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows, and how they can be used to manage a business
- Understand statistical techniques for marketing, management, accounting, sales, and other business functions
- Discuss corporate financing and the role the stock market plays in the business world
- Review the basic time-value-money techniques used in evaluating all financial decisions and their cash flow implications
- Learn the budgeting process, and how organizations use different budgeting techniques to overcome operating challenges
Estimated length: 19 hours
Access Time: 365 days
1.9 CEUs | 19 PDUs
Certificate courses, offered by a trusted partner, are self-paced and can be conveniently accessed anytime and anywhere from a computer with an internet connection. Courses are engaging and include real-world examples, videos, interactive games, assessments, and focused instruction. An "Ask the Expert" feature allows you to pose course-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours. Courses are accessible, customizable, integrated, printable and mobile-friendly.
Keystone College reserves the right to cancel or postpone any program due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. If a program is canceled, registrants will be notified and a refund will be processed. Requests for refunds for withdrawals must be submitted in writing five days prior to the start of the program. Refunds will not be issued for failure to attend a program.
Interested in more workshops? Check out the Keystone College Professional Development Institute's continuing education and personal enrichment course offerings below: