Northeast Pennsylvania Institute for Sport Studies
The NEPA Institute for Sport Studies at Keystone College is dedicated to:
- Supporting and conducting research in disciplines involving all avenues of sport studies in their broadest dimensions;
- Preserving the rich and vibrant sporting culture of Northeast Pennsylvania;
- Educating the public about the cultural, societal, and academic significance of sport through peer-reviewed publications, the preservation of archival material, the hosting of an annual graduate student conference, mass media interventions, and web-based initiatives.
The purpose of the NEPA Institute for Sport Studies is to conduct research on all avenues of sport related to human culture and society. This includes research in traditionally recognized humanities disciplines such as history and philosophy as well as certain certain social science disciplines, specifically: communications, economics, sociology, law, and ethics.
- Seek grants and fundraising to support education, research, and scholarly activities associated with its mission.
- Organize the dissemination of completed research through activities such as national and international conferences, symposia, peer-reviewed publications, and various forms of mass media.
- Host an annual graduate student research conference.
- Engage in community outreach and service to promote a better appreciation for sport as both a social and cultural phenomenon.
The Northeast Pennsylvania Institute for Sports Studies
Keystone College Press and Keystone College’s Northeastern Pennsylvania Institute for Sport Studies have announced the launch of the American Sport Heritage book series. The series is dedicated to publishing books on numerous personalities, events, and social issues...read more