Facebook pixel
Home » Campus Life » Counseling and Well-Being Center » Health History and Immunizations

Health History and Immunizations

Student health history and immunization records are required prior to the student’s first day on campus. A health history for the students is an important part of a patient’s medical file and used to obtain information about the health history of the individual. The form also gathers information about the patient’s family. It is important for Student Life to have your history on file in the event of an outbreak or if you are injured in some way. We require this for your protection and the health and wellness of the entire campus community.

Tuberculosis (TB) Screening

All students are required to complete a Tuberculosis Screening online in the Student Health Portal, to determine risk potential. All education majors will need to provide documentation of a negative TB test.

All Required Vaccinations

In accordance with the American College Health Association and the Center for Disease Control, Keystone College has established that students are required to provide health records and proof of the following vaccinations:

Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR):
Two doses are required and given at 12 months of age or older and at least 28 days apart.

Diphtheria, Acellular Pertussis, Tetanus (Tdap ‐ Adacel, Boosterix):
Date of most recent booster given within the last 10 years.

Meningococcal Meningitis A, C, Y, W – 135 (Menveo, Menactra):
It is Pennsylvania State Law that all students living in residence halls are required to have meningococcal meningitis vaccine after the age of 16. If you had the meningitis vaccine before your 16th birthday, a booster is needed to meet the requirement.
Waive the Meningococcal Meningitis vaccine : You may waive meningococcal meningitis vaccine for medical or religious reasons. If this is the case, you must contact The Counseling and Well-Being Center at 570-945-8255to complete the state required documentation.
For more information about meningococcal meningitis visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov/meningitis

Other  Immunizations Recommendation:
The following vaccines are highly recommended for all students:

  • Flu Vaccine yearly
  • Varicella Vaccine 2 doses  for those who have not had Varicella disease
  • Serogroup B Meningococcal Vaccine (Trumenba or Bexsero)

Students with medical contraindications to any of the required vaccines should submit a letter written and signed by their physician.

Please be advised that in the event of an outbreak of an illness preventable by vaccination, students that do not have proof of vaccination status will not attend class, participate in school sponsored activities or reside in residence halls while risks are present.

Before you can begin classes you must complete the following steps:

1. Get Copies of Your Records

Your parents, family physicians, schools, or employers often have your immunization records. It is extraordinarily rare that a person does not have or cannot get their vaccine records.

If you truly cannot obtain your records, contact the Student Health Coordinator at 570-945-8255

2. Get Your Missing Immunizations

You can be vaccinated at your physician’s office, local pharmacies such as Rite Aid and CVS, or walk-in clinics such as Geisinger Careworks. Newly admitted Keystone College students will have one opportunity to receive vaccinations on campus during Orientation Weekend. Date and time will be announced.

3. Submit Your Health History and Documentation

Copies of vaccination records and your Health History form can be submitted online in the Student Health Portal 90 days prior to the start of classes. You can not “submit” the Health History and Immunization form until all records are complete, but you can begin the form and save it to complete at a later time.

Contact Us

Student Health Coordinator

Ph: 570-945-8255

Frequently Asked Questions About Health History and Immunization Records

I am unable to provide vaccine records. What should I do?

It is extraordinarily rare that a person does not have or cannot get their vaccine records. Your parents, doctors, schools, or employers often have records. If you truly cannot obtain them, contact the Student Health Coordinator at 570-945-8255.

Can I wait until I am at Keystone College to get my vaccinations?

There will be one opportunity to receive vaccinations during Orientation Weekend. Date and time will be announced.

Can I submit the paper immunization records?

Yes, We accept paper immunizations. The Student Health Coordinator can assist you with inputting immunizations into the student health portal.

Can I bring my records to Heath Services in person?

If you present Keystone College with your records, in person, you will be instructed how you can submit the documents in the student health portal.

What happens if I am unable to complete my vaccinations?

If you do not complete and submit your vaccinations, you will not meet the requirements for registration and will be unable to attend Keystone College.

Where can I get vaccinated?

You can be vaccinated at:

  • Your family physician’s office
  • Local pharmacies such as Rite Aid and CVS
  • Walk-in clinics such as Geisinger Careworks
How much does a vaccination cost?

The clinic, pharmacy or doctor’s office that performs this service will provide you with the cost of the vaccination.

Will you confirm that you have received my records?

Keystone College will notify you if your submission is not compliant with the vaccination requirements.

I submitted all of my records, but Keystone says I have not completed the requirements. Why?

The immunization requirements include forms specific to Keystone College. Although you may have been vaccinated as a child or met the requirements at a different school, you may not meet our requirements. You should review the notification that was sent as well as our immunization requirements to determine why they were not accepted. Contact the Student Health Coordinator at 570-945-8255 if you need help determining why your records were not complete.

I am unable to submit my vaccine records by the deadline. What should I do?

Students who contact Keystone College in advance of deadlines are most successful in meeting the requirements. Contacting Keystone does not change the deadline or allow for an extension.

I only have some records. Should I wait to submit them all at once?

No. You are encouraged to submit the records that you have. As you complete the other requirements, you can submit those records at that time. This does not change the deadline. All records are submitted via the student health portal.