Public Administration, B.S.
Help guide and implement policies through government agencies and nonprofits.
Why Study Public Administration?
Connect one-on-one with faculty, fellow students, and other professionals through classroom instruction, hands-on learning, and internships:
- Use your passion for serving your community to learn about the government and nonprofit sectors.
- Participate in core management courses, while concentrating on various specialties including, the environment, education, criminal justice, or business.
- Engage with faculty and mentors and present undergraduate research at national conferences.
- Develop research and analytical skills and gain practical experience during various internship opportunities.
Be part of a community:
- Over 30 clubs and organizations
- Leadership and civic engagement opportunities
- 18 Division III sports
Receive personalized attention and top-notch instruction in a supportive environment:
- Our Stairs to Success developmental plan for success will guide you through your time at Keystone.
- 92% of students receive financial aid.
- Over 150 scholarships are awarded yearly.
- Business Administrator
- Civil Service Officer
- Foreign Service Officer
- Government Relations Manager
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Department of Transportation
- Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. State Department
Come See KC!
See for yourself what Keystone has to offer! We'd love to answer your questions and tell you about our beautiful and historic 270-acre campus. Visit today.
Keystone College Professor Jeff Brauer discusses Keystone College’s Public Administration program on WBRE’s “PA live!”
What can I do with a public administration degree?
The program prepares students for a variety of management opportunities in the public and nonprofit sectors. You will develop skills for careers in finance and budgeting, public policy, data analysis, and federal, state and local government administration.
Keystone student-to-faculty ratio
job growth above the national average for public administration officials
Keystone students employed or continuing their education within six months of graduation
Median annual salary for public administration careers
Sponsors, Professors, and Experts
Our Public Administration major was created with the guidance of top Public Administration minds in academia.
Jeffrey M. Brauer, MA
Jeff Brauer has been with Keystone since 1997. He was valedictorian of the University of Scranton’s College of Arts and Sciences with bachelor’s degrees in public administration/public affairs and history. He received a master’s degree from the College of St. Rose in history and political science. He has been recognized nationally for his expertise, often being interviewed and quoted by NBC News, Fox Business News, Real Clear Politics, and The New York Post.
Dr. Celeste Greene
Dr. Celeste Greene, Ph.D, MPA is the online program director for graduate Public Administration and Leadership studies at the University of Virginia. She also teaches courses in Public Policy Analysis, Public Administration, Organizational Leadership and Management, and Environmental Policy. Dr. Greene is additionally an expert in distance learning with over 25 years of experience in online education.
You Belong at Keystone
Become part of the Keystone family!