Participate in a rigorous biological sciences program that will prepare you for a career or professional school in the health care sector.
Why Study Health Sciences at Keystone College?
Connect one-on-one with faculty, fellow students, and other professionals through classroom instruction, hands-on learning, and internships:
- Follow an approved advising track in Pre-Physician Assistant, Pre-Chiropractic, Pre-Dental, Pre-Med, Pre-Optometry, or other health related fields.
- Study the human body using state of the art equipment.
- Conduct research under the supervision of a faculty mentor.
- Participate in seminar style courses to develop skills as a culturally competent healthcare professional.
- Become a member of our Future Healthcare Professions Club and participate in specialized trainings like Stop the Bleed and Stroke Awareness.
- Shadow healthcare professionals as part of the curriculum.
Receive personalized attention and top-notch instruction in a supportive environment:
- Our Stairs to Success developmental plan for success will guide you through your time at Keystone.
- 92% of students receive financial aid.
- Over 150 scholarships are awarded yearly.
Keystone student-to-faculty ratio
increase in jobs over the next 10 years
Median annual salary for health science careers
What can I do with a Health Sciences degree?
Students who choose to pursue health science degrees go on to do many exciting things in a broad range of industries. These include: public health, clinical diagnostics, laboratory testing, pharmacy, pharmaceutical research, health care, medicine, nursing, dentistry, physical therapy, medical technology, and more.
A health science degree also opens up opportunities for students to pursue a wide range of post-graduate studies in many areas, including MSc and PhD degrees in health science oriented disciplines, MD, PharmD, PA and other medical oriented graduate professional degrees, and even degrees in health oriented law and education.
Successful Giant: Jacob Mitchell '19
Jacob Mitchell, PA-C, a 2019 biology graduate of Keystone, received his Master of Science in physician assistant studies from Saint Elizabeth University and is currently employed with UPMC Orthopaedics in Wellsboro, Pa.
- Commonwealth Health
- Coordinated Health
- Guthrie Health Care
- Physician’s Assistant
- Physical Therapist
Amazing opportunities—on campus and beyond
From internships and experiential learning opportunities to travel and conferences, you’ll have many opportunities to conduct real-world experiences, work with your peers and mentors in your chosen field, and learn first-hand the latest skills to succeed in the real world.
Complete over 400 hours of laboratory work via lab sections of courses, senior capstone projects, honors projects, or independent research with faculty.
Connect with professionals through hands-on learning and internships such as: Geisinger Health Systems, Sanofi Pasteur, and Merck.
Over 30 student-run clubs and organizations, including the Future Healthcare Professions Club and the Chemistry Club, are available and are a wonderful way to meet people, travel, learn about different subjects, and gain valuable leadership opportunities.
Follow KCBPS on Social Media!
Kayleigh Delfino, MPH
Nicole Diette, PhD
Erin Johnson, MPH
Patricia Bederman Miller, PhD
Youyu Phillips, PhD
Patrick M. Ratchford, PhD
Vicki A. Stanavitch, PhD
You Belong at Keystone
Become part of the Keystone family!