Facebook pixel
APPLY NOW +

Donald “Doc” Stacknick

Instructor and Internship Coordinator for Sport and Recreation and Faculty Athletics Representative

Business, Management, and Technology | School of Professional Studies

Harris Hall 406

About

Education – Degrees & Certifications

• BS – Sport and Recreation Management, Keystone College
  • MS – Sport Management and Leadership, Keystone College

About Doc Stacknick Jr.

Doc has been my nickname since I was young and it was passed down from my father. My dad received the nickname from his years of service as a volunteer firefighter and emergency medical technician. So naturally, I became a firefighter and emergency medical responder too. I am currently a full-time faculty member and previously served as an adjunct faculty member.

Before becoming an instructor at Keystone, I served as the Assistant Director of Athletics at Misericordia University.  Upon my arrival to Misericordia, I took on multiple responsibilities including NCAA compliance and eligibility, gameday management, home contest contracts and schedules, Under Armour apparel contract, and managed the day-to-day operations of the Athletics Department. While at Misericordia, I became a PACT (Promoting Awareness of the College Transition) facilitator on sexual assault awareness and prevention, SAFE SPACE certified, and a Mercy Leader Mentor. I also worked with the Sport Management program at Misericordia to develop an internship program with MU Athletics and was also a member of the Cougar Care Team as COVID-19 Coordinator.

Prior to joining Misericordia, I served as Assistant Director of Student Engagement and Director of Athletics at Johnson College. While at Johnson, I had the opportunity to provide leadership, direction, and oversight to the Student Engagement and Athletic Departments. I was responsible for managing Athletics, Dining Promotions, Intramurals, On and Off Campus Housing, Student Activities, Student Conduct, Campus Security, and Student Organizations. While at Johnson College, I completed my Master of Science degree at Keystone.

I also spent time in my career with the Philadelphia Eagles, working training camp and home contests in the Eagles Fan experience and marketing. I also served in the recreational field at Elk Mountain Ski Resort and worked as a sales assistant with the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders.

• Principles of Coaching
  • Program Development and Planning
  • Security Management
  • Sociology of Sport
  • Sport Marketing and Promotion
  • Governance of Sports and Athletics