Facebook pixel
APPLY NOW +
Home » Keystonian Magazine » Nicole Delevan, Class of 2018

Nicole Delevan, Class of 2018

Class of 2018   |   Major: Art Education, Early Childhood Education, and Special Education

On her way to a successful career and a meaningful life.

If success can be defined as taking advantage of opportunities, then senior Nicole Delevan is well on her way to a successful career and a meaningful life.

Nicole will graduate next spring with bachelor’s degrees in art education, early childhood education, and special education, and her current GPA stands at a near-perfect 3.97. She’s a member of the Keystone Honors Program and is president of the Keystone Student Chapter of the Pennsylvania Art Education Association.

Excellence in the classroom is only part of Nicole’s personal success story.

When she’s not studying, Nicole is a whirlwind of activity on campus and in the community. She’s had a great career on the women’s cross country team and track and field team, including serving as captain. She has served as president of the Inter-Hall Council, and has been a member of the Ecology Club, Student Government, and the Art Society.

Currently, she is a member of the Keystone Student Chapter of the Pennsylvania State Education Association, Alpha Lambda Delta national honors society, and Keystone Admissions Ambassadors. She’s worked as an Admissions Department tour guide and represented Keystone in the Colleges Against Cancer initiative. Nicole has volunteered at summer camps and at pre-school reading programs at Helping Hands Learning Center. She’s managed to accomplish all those goals while holding a part-time job in a health food store and teaching art classes at a local studio.

“I know that sounds like a lot. But I really enjoy keeping busy and striving to accomplish my goals,” said Nicole, a resident of Forty-Fort, Pa. “I’ve learned to manage my time really well. I love meeting new people, and when you are involved with a lot of activities, you get to do that.”

“Keystone has given me the opportunity to become involved in so many different things and has helped broaden my perspective,” she said. “Plus, the small class sizes are great and the faculty and staff are awesome.”

Future plans.

After she graduates, Nicole has one simple but important goal – finding a job as a school teacher. “I would love a teaching job. I love kids, and I know teaching is what I really want to do,” she said. “Preferably, I would like to stay in Pennsylvania, but moving to New York or anywhere in the East would be fine. No matter where I go, I will do my best to make a difference.”

Nicole’s advice for current and future Keystone students.

“I would tell them to pursue every opportunity and remain positive and energetic. And, of course, I’d remind everyone to get their homework done!”

More Keystonian Stories