Facebook pixel
APPLY NOW +
Home » Student News » Shyanne Bennett: Making Every Day Count 

Shyanne Bennett: Making Every Day Count

Oct 1, 2020

Chyanne Bennett

To many people, the phrase, “Don’t put off tomorrow what you can do today,” is a bit of a well-worn cliché. To Keystone College junior Shyanne Bennett, it’s a sage piece of advice.

Shyanne, an environmental science major from nearby Lawton, Pa., is involved in many activities, both on and off campus, she makes sure that virtually every minute of every day is put to positive use.

In addition to being an honors student, Shyanne works at her part-time job at WEMCO/Romax Hose, a local company that makes tubes for CPAP sleep machines. She has also worked at a quarry owned by her father, Stan Bennett, and served as a lab assistant in Keystone’s biology department. Shyanne has also been a member of the Giants’ cross country and track team.

“I love to stay busy,” Shyanne admits. “I like to organize my day so I have time for my school work but also for my jobs as well.”

But that’s not all. When she’s not studying or working, Shyanne especially loves to spend time outdoors, enjoying activities such as kayaking, hiking, hunting and fishing.

“Being outside is really my first love and why I chose to major in environmental science at Keystone. When I graduate, I hope to pursue a career in conservation or environmental consulting. I want to be out doing what I enjoy,” she said.

While she lived on-campus initially, Shyanne now commutes from home because it is more convenient given her busy schedule. Either way, Keystone has turned out to be a perfect place for her to pursue her goals.

“I’m especially grateful to the faculty. They know how busy I am and where I want to go with my career and my life and they support me in every way. You can’t ask for more than that.”

Shyanne’s advice for current or prospective college students: “Get moving. Don’t sit around. Find out what you like to do and go do it. And, make sure you plan ahead to get it all done!”

That’s great advice from someone who lives by that philosophy all the time.

Shyanne Bennett
Shyanne Bennett