Keystone College COVID-19 Management
Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 or who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should isolate from others for at least 5 days.
Employees who test positive for COVID-19 or who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should report that information to their immediate supervisor.
Students who test positive for COVID-19 or who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should report that information to either the Student Health Coordinator at 570-945-8255 during regular business hours, Campus Safety at 570-945-8989, or email email@example.com. The Student Health Coordinator will follow up with students during their scheduled office hours.
- Students will be responsible to notify their individual faculty members about any absences.
- Resident students should go to their home residence, if possible. However, Residence Life will assist with alternate arrangements if necessary.
In line with CDC guidance, individuals who have been exposed to COVID-19 do not need to quarantine after an exposure to COVID-19. However, it is recommended that individuals wear a mask in public indoor settings for 10 days, be tested on day 5 following exposure, and isolate if they test positive or develop symptoms.
Please note that some situations will require individuals to quarantine after exposure at the discretion of Student Life for students and the employee’s supervisor in consultation with Human Resources for employees.
For additional information, click here for the CDC’s website.
The use of face masks is optional on campus. However, students are expected to follow their instructors’ requests.
COVID-19 vaccines and booster shots will no longer be required by the College. However, they are highly encouraged for the entire campus community. Students are still asked to e-mail a photo of their vaccination card updates to firstname.lastname@example.org and faculty and staff are asked to provide vaccination updates to email@example.com so we can continue to monitor campus vaccination rates.
The College will continue to follow guidance from the NCAA, CSAC, and ECFC
CARES Act Compliance and Previous Updates
COVID-19 CARES Act Compliance Statement and previous updates.
Guiding Principles of Keystone College’s COVID-19 Management Plan
Keystone College policies and protocols for responding to the COVID-19 pandemic are rooted in the safety of our faculty, staff, students, and community. The primary goals for Keystone College’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic are to protect public health and continue the institution’s vital mission of education. Our knowledge and understanding of the COVID-19 virus continue to evolve, and our policies and plans will be updated as appropriate, as more information becomes available.
This plan follows the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH), and the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE).
This plan is organized by the five strategies outlined in the PDE guidance:
- A strategy on how the institution will coordinate with local public health officials, or the equivalent of;
- A strategy to safely resume in-person instruction;
- A strategy to monitor health conditions of its campus community;
- A strategy to mitigate and contain the spread of the virus on campus, and to inform the DOH in the event that transmission occurs at the institution; and
- A strategy to communicate accurate and timely information to students, faculty, staff, and the communities it serves.