Academic Advising

Navigating academic requirements and policies, choosing a major, and deciding on a career choice can be an overwhelming process and our academic advisors are here to guide you every step of the way. We can empower you to take ownership of your college experience by insuring that you can discover and define your academic goals and are aware of the tools and resources available to help you achieve your future aspirations.

Academic Advisors

All first year students are advised by either a professional adviser in the Advising Center or an adviser within their department of study. After the first year, students are assigned a faculty advisor appropriate to their major to help them through the academic process. Academic advisors will check your academic progress, approve class choices and schedules, discuss your career goals, and help you find the necessary support that you need.

The Advising Center

The staff members in the Advising Center work closely with the faculty and Dean in your program area to help you succeed by connecting you with the right people and offices across campus.

We can help you with:

  • Academic advising
  • Choosing a major
  • Exploring interests and goals
  • General career advising
  • Class registration and forms

Curriculum Sheets

Act 101 Program

Sponsored by the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA), Act 101 serves as individualized advising for each student, with a focus on academic success.

Frequent Questions:

How do I know who my advisor is?

Log in to MyKC, and go to the Student tab. On left hand side at the bottom, select Advising. In the advising area, you will see your Advisor/Major Information. You can also see your advisor’s last name by looking on your schedule.

How do I contact my advisor?
Search People Search Directory on the College website to find the name of your faculty advisor.
When should I contact my advisor?

You should contact your academic advisor at least a few weeks before every registration period. For example you should plan to meet with your academic advisor in October or November to discuss which courses you will take during the following winter intersession or spring semester, and in March or April to discuss what to take for the following summer session(s) or fall semester.


What if I can’t reach my advisor?

If you cannot reach your advisor by phone and email, you may be able to see their office hours posted on their office doors. If you cannot reach your advisor, seek advice through your Academic Dean or the Advising Center.


What is considered full-time or a full load?

In order to be considered a full-time student, students must take at least 12 credits per semester. If you are considering taking less than 12 credits and receive financial aid, please discuss with the Financial Assistance and Planning Office how this may affect your aid.


How do I change my major?

Fill out a Change of Major form and have your advisor or program coordinator sign it. Change of Major forms can also be found in the Registrar’s office or in the Advising Center.

Where can I get my course curriculum?

You can find your curriculum sheet here:

All other curriculum sheets, talk with your advisor.


Contact Us

Advising Center

  • 570-945-8303
  • Email
  • Location: The Cottage


  • By appointment:
Schedule an Appointment