REPORTS TO: VP Institutional Advancement & Strategic Initiatives
PURPOSE: The Education Fieldwork Supervisor is the primary interface between students completing teacher certification programs (including “earn and learn” apprenticeships) and the districts in which they are placed. The Education Fieldwork Supervisor is responsible for assessing the demonstration of required competencies.
- Assists students and district mentors with the planning, demonstration, and tracking of required competencies.
- Engages and informs key stakeholders about facilitating student competency attainment in field experiences.
- Provides accurate information to placement sites about goals, objectives, experiences, and expectations for professional practice and competency attainment through orientation and ongoing outreach.
- Develops relationships with school districts and other community partners to serve as host sites for placements.
- Recruits, in collaboration with district administrators, eligible participants for future cohorts.
- Continually assesses the appropriateness of placement sites and renews agreements based on assessment data.
- Collaborates with College staff to supply accurate competency tracking.
- Ensures all students participate in required experiences and have required clearances on file.
- Collaborates with other staff to identify needed improvements in procedures and communication.
- Maintains and updates student field experience handbooks and manuals.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS:
- Master’s degree or higher required
- PA Instructional certification required
- Special Education PK-12, Early Childhood/Elementary Education PK-4, Art 7-12, Math 7-12, or Social Studies 7-12 preferred
- Teaching experience required; PK-12 preferred.
- Outstanding student service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to solve problems quickly, completely, and independently.
- Proficient digital literacy.
- Strong commitment to small college undergraduate education.
- Duties are normally performed during the school day on site at the district placement.
- Occasional evening meeting attendance is required.
- Must live in, or be willing to travel to, the Hazelton area.
Please use the link below to email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position(s) are filled.