Facebook pixel
APPLY NOW +

Senior Art Exhibit: Nikki Barto

About Nikki

Nikki Barto was born in 1999, in Lehman, Pennsylvania. In December of 2022, she will receive her Bachelor of Fine Arts with three concentrations that include sculpture, ceramics, and art therapy from Keystone College. Nikki has participated in iron and bronze pours at Keystone, and she hopes to continue with her studies to get certified as an art therapist. Nikki currently lives in Plains and is planning to move and make her own personal studio.

Barto photographyBarto photography indoorsBarto scultpure Barto photograph Nikki Barto 

Art has always been something special and dear to my heart. I would work on making pieces or drawing to cope with depression and anxiety. With my work, I want to show others that might be in my situation that something beautiful can come out of it. The pieces that I have been working on recently in sculpture have had very deep connections to me as a child and growing adult. These pieces show ballerinas and dancers which as a child I participated in for a bit. As a preteen, I did not want anything to do with “girly” things, such as dancing, because I thought that it was too ‘soft’ or too normal for girls, and I wanted to go against it. I realized recently that I still have this love for dance, and I don’t see anything as too girly because it is just clothes, it doesn’t mean anything, I can still be myself. While growing as a person I was also growing as an artist. Eventually, pieces of art that I would keep to myself made it to the public eye, and that was when I really decided that I would go to school for art. I decided to make ballet dancers out of metal and express emotions through photos to show sides of me that I find beautiful to show the public. Being able to express myself through art helps me so much today and I hope I can show others that they can do it as well. My bright-colored hair might help with that as well.

Blog Poster

Senior Art Exhibition: “Forget Me Not”

We are the 2022 graduating seniors from Keystone College’s Visual Arts program. Join us as we pay tribute not only to the profession as a whole but to the individual artists themselves. Their dedication and hard work have brought them to this launching point in their careers as professional artists.

The students, all members of the 2022 graduating class, have spent years honing their skills in preparation for their professional debut. The show will consist of three-dimensional works that include glass, ceramics, and sculpting.

Location: AFA Art Gallery, Scranton, PA
Exhibit Opening: April 1, 2022
Exhibit on display: April 1-April 30
The gallery’s regular hours are Thursday through Saturday, 12 - 6 p.m.

Senior Exhibition Artists