Facebook pixel
APPLY NOW +

About Nadine

Nadine Daley is an artist from Tunkhannock, going to Keystone College for a degree in fine arts focusing in photography. Her main body of work is in portraiture, although she shoots nature shots as well in her free time. Nadine draws inspiration from the figure and nature in her photography, combining the two to create conceptual fine art portraits. She also does freelance work on the side and loves working with clients to create unique portraits that they will cherish forever.

I’ve always been drawn to photographing the figure. The beauty of the curves and the softness one can express is something I love to accentuate by surrounding my models in natural environments. Combining the two has allowed me to develop my body of work over the past year and has led me to feel very inspired by the work of Pre-Raphaelite painters. 

Never having my models make eye contact with the camera is purposeful. I feel it is important because it creates a sense of ambiguity and allows viewers to connect with the images on a more personal level, almost allowing them to replace the figures with themselves in their mind. Pre-Raphaelites believed in sympathizing with what is serious, direct, and heartfelt without being self-parading and conventional, which is something I deeply relate to. 

In reference to my paintings, the whimsy and poetic nature of them is what my body of work is modeled after. I want to be able to portray my models with the same amount of romantic influence the women in these paintings had by their painters. I’ve also tried to keep these portraits as historically accurate as possible. All of the flowers in my photographs are flowers they used at the time to depict deeper meanings in their art such as youth, love, faithfulness, fortune, purity, hope, and even death. This combination of nature and romance is something the Pre-Raphaelites loved, and the elegance of the themes is something I will also continue to love forever.

Blog Poster

Senior Art Exhibition: “Forget Me Not”

We are the 2022 graduating seniors from Keystone College’s Visual Arts program. Join us as we pay tribute not only to the profession as a whole but to the individual artists themselves. Their dedication and hard work have brought them to this launching point in their careers as professional artists.

The students, all members of the 2022 graduating class, have spent years honing their skills in preparation for their professional debut. The show will consist of three-dimensional works that include glass, ceramics, and sculpting.

Location: AFA Art Gallery, Scranton, PA
Exhibit Opening: April 1, 2022
Exhibit on display: April 1-April 30
The gallery’s regular hours are Thursday through Saturday, 12 - 6 p.m.

Senior Exhibition Artists