Dr. Belknap has a Ph.D. in Psychology from Temple University and a Juris Doctor degree from the Catholic University of America. Dr. Belknap teaches courses in both the Psychology and Criminal Justice programs, including Forensic Psychology and Psychology of Trauma. Her research interests relate to the role of trauma in criminal behavior, sentencing reform, and the death penalty.
She is co-founder and co-director of the Keystone College Juvenile Justice Institute.
Education – Degrees & Certifications
- B.A. in Psychology / B.A.in Journalism from Penn State University
- J.D. (law degree) from Catholic University of America
- Ph.D. in Psychology from Temple University
- Forensic Psychology
- Criminal Profiling
- Psychology of Trauma
- Constitutional and Criminal Law
- Ethics in Criminal Justice
- Capital Punishment
- Death penalty issues; psychology of violence, children and the courts
- Current research project: capital punishment and the mentally ill
- Federal Appellate Procedure (manual for Philadelphia Bar Association); The Pennsylvania Mental Health Procedures Act (manual for Philadelphia practitioners)