Facebook pixel
APPLY NOW +
Home » Faculty Listing » Kerry Roe, PhD

Kerry C. Roe, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of History

Communications, Art, and Humanities   |   Turock School of Arts and Sciences

Sickler Hall 302

About

Education – Degrees & Certifications

• Ph.D. History – Binghamton University, State University of New York
  • M.A. United States History – Tufts University
  • B.A. History and Political Science – Syracuse University

In the News

May 6, 2021: Associate Professor Kerry Roe has successfully defended her Ph.D. dissertation at Binghamton University entitled “Poor Lo Has Dropped Out of Sight: Native Americans and the U.S. Imperial Project, 1898-1904,” which examines Native Americans’ contributions to the debates surrounding U.S. expansion at the turn of the 20th century.

January 19, 2021: Associate Professor Kerry Roe was quoted in a Scranton Times-Tribune article about the challenge of teaching children about tough times.

“I like to teach history from the perspective of ‘people on the ground.’ That is, I emphasize the cultural and social impact of history on people of all races, genders and backgrounds. The history of our nation is a rich tapestry created by diverse groups of people and I want my students to have that understanding.

I really enjoy my job at Keystone. Being involved with young people and helping them grow as students and as individuals is really a very satisfying career and life. I’m glad to be a part of it.

July 30, 2020: Happenings Magazine’s Notable Educators

Kerry Roe In Classrom With Students
  • The First Year Seminar
  • US History II
  • U.S. History Since 1945