Facebook pixel
APPLY NOW +
Home » Uncategorized » Bilingual students break barriers with help from state programs

Bilingual students break barriers with help from state programs

Funding made available through Rising Stars Tuition Assistance and T.E.A.C.H. programs help Keystone College students succeed.

The bilingual program at Keystone College provides Spanish-speaking students the opportunity to obtain a degree while practicing English, but not limiting course selection due to language constraints. The majority of our bilingual students work full time in the field of Early Childhood Education, and are seeking degrees to aid them in professional development and to further their careers. Our bilingual students rely heavily on the T.E.A.C.H. and Rising STARS Tuition Assistance Program for payment for their courses. All of the students, having worked in early childhood centers, schools and organizations for a number of years, are eligible for these state funding programs, often financing their entire degrees through them. The opportunity to study in their native language and have their courses paid for by a third party truly opens an entire new world of possibilities for these students.

“I really enjoyed being able to communicate in Spanish at Keystone College, as well as the academics.”

Lisandra Chevres, Associate in Science, Early Childhood Education

“Keystone College has helped me with my education by providing all the support I needed, especially in the bilingual program.”

Olga Colon, Associate in Science, Early Childhood Education

“As a student in the bilingual program, I appreciate the funding we received from the PA Keys so much. Without this funding, I would not have been able to graduate with my associate degree in education. This program has not only benefitted me, but it has also benefitted my community, children and family. It is so important to keep offering this funding, as it really is essential for the professional development of the bilingual community. Thank you so much!”

Keysis Sierra Feliciano, Associate in Science, Early Childhood Education

“Getting my master’s degree at Keystone College has been wonderful. I can’t wait to see where my career goes from here.”

Erika Calderon, Master of Education, Early Childhood Education Leadership

“Getting my master’s degree from Keystone College helped me to be who I am today. I learned so much to teach others. It has led me to success.”

Lillian Leon, Master of Education, Early Childhood Education Leadership

“My experience attending Keystone College was great. I would not change anything about it. The bilingual program was also great because it helped those students who did not speak English understand the assignments and courses. It was a great pleasure to be part of Keystone College. Thanks to PA Keys for being a part of my education and help pay for my classes. I would recommend Keystone College to anyone. Thank you once again.”

Margaret Perez, Associate in Science, Early Childhood Education

“Being able to communicate in Spanish while practicing our English was wonderful.”

Claudia Leon, Associate in Science, Early Childhood Education

“It was so nice to be able to express myself in Spanish; I got so much more out of the program because of it.”

Marta Ortiz, Associate in Science, Early Childhood Education

“Keystone College and their bilingual program helped me to succeed.”

Yineska Santiago, Master of Education, Early Childhood Education Leadership

“This education that was accessible through these funding programs has been life-changing for me.”

Abigail Velazquez, Master of Education, Early Childhood Education Leadership

“Hello, I want to say thanks to Keystone College for the bilingual and only program that has given us the opportunity to continue our professional development. Even while managing work and family commitments we have been able to continue our education. Also, thank you to PA Keys and T.E.A.C.H. These programs have been an excellent support for us to continue with our learning and reach our professional goal.”

Ana Maria Rodriguez, Associate in Science, Early Childhood Education

“Bilingual education has helped me to get where I am today.”

Jeanette Lugo, Master of Education, Early Childhood Education Leadership

“Education is the path to be successful in our lives.”

Wilmer Parra Reyes, Master of Education, Early Childhood Education Leadership

“Being able to communicate in Spanish was amazing in this program. Also, being able to manage my time as a student and as a mom was one of the best parts of this program, all thanks to the funding we received.”

Madeline Rosado, Associate in Science, Early Childhood Education

“This program helped me to grow as an individual and I am motivated to continue my studies.”

Jessenia Roman, Associate in Science, Early Childhood Education

“I want to express my profound gratitude to the PA Key and TEACH funding programs. Thanks to these programs, as a legal immigrant in this nation, I have had many doors open for me in regard to education and professional development since I was able to get my degree at Keystone College. I express the same gratitude for the dual language program and online classes at Keystone College, which have opened a channel for many immigrants like myself, to be able to manage our time and familial responsibilities without having to choose between them and professional development. Thank you so much for the all of these programs that have helped me to achieve my goals: the PA Key, TEACH and Keystone College. God bless you.”

Evelin Santana de Cueto, Associate in Science, Early Childhood Education

“TEACH and other programs help educations to obtain the knowledge to improve education and the lives of young children in the community. Thank you.”

Jessica Rivera, Master of Education, Early Childhood Education Leadership

“This bilingual program has been wonderful for all of us. I think we need more bilingual education for all to participate.”

Carmen Milagros Rodriguez, Master of Education, Early Childhood Education Leadership

“Studying at Keystone College has been a very good experience. I’m very grateful for the funds of PA Keys and the TEACH program since it gives us the opportunity to fulfill our dreams and continue our careers. It is an honor to study in such a dedicated college since they offer us bilingual classes and always give their all for the students. I thank the college and both programs for having given me the opportunity to study and would like to continue with the studies and be able to count on the resources.”

Carla Ortiz, Associate in Science, Early Childhood Education