Student teacher candidates who will soon be graduating require recommendation for Pennsylvania Department of Education Certification by the Keystone College Certification Officer. Teacher certification is not automatic. Certification recommendations are not accepted by PDE until graduation has taken place. However, since the career GPA is a determinant for certification, the paperwork can be completed as soon as final grades have been tabulated.
- Obtain documentation of exam scores. Score results must accompany the application.
- A printed transcript prepared after final grades (Cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher).
- Complete health appraisal.
- Obtain money order made payable to “Commonwealth of Pennsylvania” following fee schedule found on PDE website.
- Visit the PDE website to Download and read in-state instructional booklets and find necessary forms.
- Complete required forms.
- Final PDE 430 evaluation forms for each 7 week placement.
- Copy of Bachelor’s Degree diploma if you are completing the accelerated certification program.
- Schedule a mandatory exit interview after teacher certification application is completed.