Facebook pixel
APPLY NOW +
Home » Alumni News » Krystle Kowalczyk: Criminal Justice Master’s Degree Fits in With Busy Lifestyle

Krystle Kowalczyk: Criminal Justice Master’s Degree Fits in With Busy Lifestyle

Aug 11, 2023

As a longtime criminal justice professional, Krystle Kowalczyk knows that expertise and education are the keys to a meaningful and successful career.

Now, as a graduate student in Keystone College’s master’s degree program in criminal justice, Krystle is finding out first hand just how much an advanced degree might help her in her current job and her future plans.  

She began her criminal justice career as an adult probation officer in Pike County, Pa. in 2007. She then accepted a similar position in Wyoming County, Pa. in 2009, and, since 2014, has served as Director of Probation Services and Treatment Court Coordinator for Wyoming and Sullivan Counties.

Krystle and her husband, Adam, are also the parents of three daughters, ages 11, 9 and 6. Certainly, the demands of her job and family life mean full days and long weeks. Nevertheless, she realized returning to college for her master’s degree in criminal justice would be the best option despite obvious time-management challenges.

After considering several programs, she chose Keystone and she’s glad she did.

“Going back to college for my master’s degree was a big decision for me,” Krystle said. “I wanted a program that would challenge me and at the same time provide enough flexibility so I can meet all of the priorities in my life.”

Fortunately, she found all of that in the online master’s degree program at Keystone.

“I can’t say enough about the faculty and staff at Keystone,” Krystle said. “The professors I’ve had do everything possible to make their classes interesting, practical, and challenging. At the same time, they realize we are all busy people with our own lives to lead. They do everything they can to treat us with friendship and respect and I really appreciate that.”

As she continues her criminal justice career, Krystle knows that a master’s degree will help her now and in the future.

“I really made the right decision to pursue my master’s degree and I’m really glad I chose Keystone.”