Facebook pixel
APPLY NOW +

Amanda Kuhn:

Getting The Most Out Of Her Keystone College Education

Home » Alumni News » Amanda Kuhn: Getting the most out of her Keystone College education

Amanda Kuhn admits when she entered Keystone College as a freshman four years ago, she wasn’t quite sure of the direction she wanted to take.

Amanda, from nearby Moosic, Pa., started her college career as a business major but realized that wasn’t the best choice for her. Upon careful consideration, she became a communications major and volunteered at Keystone’s radio station, WKCV-103.5 FM, the college newspaper, The Key, and the literary publication, The Plume. Amanda honed her skills in her journalism, public relations, production, and broadcasting classes. Soon, she realized exactly what she wanted to pursue as her life’s work and hasn’t looked back. She credits her Keystone professors for helping guide and encourage her.

Amanda Kuhn Photo

Recent Keystone College graduate Amanda Kuhn takes a few minutes to greet human likenesses of New York Yankee greats (from left): Thurman Munson, Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio, and Billy Martin during her internship with the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, the Yankees’ AAA minor-league affiliate.      

“I think I’ve grown so much as a student and as a person at Keystone. I have my friends and professors to thank for that. Now, I’m just really looking forward to the next steps in my life.”

Amanda Kuhn

Amanda Kuhn in her cap and gown

“I think I made a great deal of progress during my time at Keystone,” said Amanda, who received her bachelor of arts degree in communications at Keystone’s 150th Commencement in May.

During her final semester, Amanda secured an internship with the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, the AAA minor league affiliate of the New York Yankees. She expanded her skills by doing all of the team’s video production and photography. Now, Amanda is advancing her career with a seven-month paid internship in sales and marketing at Walt Disney World in Florida. After that, she’s confident her education and experience will help her pursue a successful career.

“I’m ready for any opportunity but at this point I’d especially like to get back into baseball,” she said. “I really enjoyed my time with the RailRiders and I met some great people along the way. Hopefully, they’ll be a position available with them or with another team or organization. For the moment, I’m looking forward to heading to Disney and learning as much as I can.”

No matter what happens in the future, Amanda is thankful for her Keystone College experience.

“I think I’ve grown so much as a student and as a person at Keystone. I have my friends and professors to thank for that,” she said. “Now, I’m just really looking forward to the next steps in my life.”