Business Communications Certificate
About the Certificate
Business communication is critical to your professional success. From clarifying and structuring your ideas to designing the PowerPoint slides that will best complement them, the techniques, interactive exercises, and checklists in this certificate program will help you create presentations and workplace documents that inform and persuade. This five-course certificate offers instruction on crafting many of the most common business communication formats: memos, reports, brochures, proposals, presentations, catalogs, and websites. Topics include formal and informal outlining techniques, using email appropriately in an organizational setting, and revising for wordiness, unnecessary phrases, redundancy, and jargon.
- Communicating Collaboratively
- Effective Business Writing
- Effective Emails, Memos, and Letters
- Effective Presentations
- Effective Public Speaking
Professional Development Institute
Janet M. Jones, Director, Professional Development Institute
John P. Gorel, Director, Corporate Relations
Office Location: Ward Hall
- Improve your collaborative communication by providing best practices and effective tips and techniques
- Recognize the difference between ineffective and effective writing and learn ideas and techniques for all forms of business writing
- Improve your use of common business communication vehicles by providing best practices and effective tips and techniques
- Learn how to organize, structure, and create effective presentations that feature slides as a visual aid
- Develop the skills you’ll need to become an outstanding and confident public speaker
- Understand the causes and signs of speaking anxiety and learn practical ways to address speaking fears
Estimated length: 25 hours
Access Time: 365 days
2.5 CEUs | 15 (ISC)2 CPEs | 5 HRCIs | 25 PDUs
Certificate courses, offered by a trusted partner, are self-paced and can be conveniently accessed anytime and anywhere from a computer with an internet connection. Courses are engaging and include real-world examples, videos, interactive games, assessments, and focused instruction. An "Ask the Expert" feature allows you to pose course-related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours. Courses are accessible, customizable, integrated, printable and mobile-friendly.
Keystone College reserves the right to cancel or postpone any program due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. If a program is canceled, registrants will be notified and a refund will be processed. Requests for refunds for withdrawals must be submitted in writing five days prior to the start of the program. Refunds will not be issued for failure to attend a program.
Interested in more workshops? Check out the Keystone College Professional Development Institute's continuing education and personal enrichment course offerings below: