Ph: (570) 945-8255
Fx: (570) 945-8968
Open for appointments
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Appointments and Treatment
A Nurse Practitioner (NP) is available between the hours of 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Appointments are strongly encouraged, but walk-ins will be accepted based on staff availability.
All Keystone College students and employees are eligible for services.
- Obtain medical histories and perform physical examinations for athletics, driver’s licenses, general wellness and female wellness purposes.
- Diagnose and treat acute health problems such as infections or injuries.
- Order, perform and interpret diagnostic studies such as lab work and x-rays.
- Prescribe medications and other treatments for acute illnesses.
- Provide allergy injections.
- Provide onsite rapid flu and strep testing.
- Screen for Tuberculosis (TB): All students are required to complete the questionnaire to determine risk potential. All education majors will need documentation of a negative TB test. There is a $10 charge for this service.
- Promote positive health behaviors and self-care skills through education and counseling.
- Provide free, confidential STD and HIV counseling in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Collaborate with physicians and other health professional as needed.
Health Services Authorization for Treatment and Notice of Privacy Practice Form
Students are required to complete the Authorization for Treatment and Notice of Privacy form located in the Student Health Portal prior to receiving treatment. Submitting this form gives us permission to care for you and protects your privacy while being treated at Keystone College Health Services.
Health Services maintains strict student confidentiality in compliance with current HIPPA and FERPA laws. Completing this portion of the online form states you understand these practices and how they relate to you.
Health Services Appointment Policy
A Nurse Practitioner (NP) is available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30-4:30. Appointments are strongly encouraged, but walk-ins will be accepted based on staff availability.
We understand that students have busy class schedules. Health Services staff strive to see everyone in a timely manner and minimize any inconvenience. Each student is treated equally and is provided the appropriate time to treat their individual condition.
In the case that an emergency situation occurs, appointments and walk-ins may be rescheduled.
- We will make every attempt to avoid delays in the timeliness of appointments but there may be occasions where appointments are delayed.
- Appointment cancelations should be at least least 24 hours in advance. Early cancellations give other students the opportunity to utilize that available time slot.
- We expect students to arrive on time for their scheduled appointment. Please note that there is a possibility your appointment will need to be rescheduled if you arrive more than 10 minutes late.
- If the NP or one of the nurses needs to reschedule your appointment, we will make a reasonable attempt to provide 24 hours’ notice to the student.
- Health Services cannot provide excuses for missed classes. Students who miss classes due to illness are responsible for communicating the reason for their absence with their instructors.
- Appointments can be made with Health Services; in person, by phone, email or through secure message in the health portal.
- Appointment reminders are sent secure email message 48 hours prior to the appointment and /or through text 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment.
Faculty and Staff Policy
A Nurse Practitioner is available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30-4:30.
- Students are our first priority.
- Every attempt will be made to provide you with an appointment, but during high volume days we may ask that you see your Primary Care Provider (PCP) instead of coming to Health Services.
- Although we will do our best to provide you with our medical opinion if asked, we strongly encourage you to follow up with your PCP and communicate with them the information or treatment that you received from us.
- Treatment at Health Services is not meant to replace care provided by your PCP, or for management of chronic health conditions.
- Employees injured at work can access care at Health Services thru Workers Compensation. (See employee handbook/HR for full details on workers compensation and medical care visits.