The sport industry has exploded over the past 15 years and has become increasingly more complex. The Sport Leadership and Management Graduate Program is meant to help students navigate those complexities by becoming efficient managers and leaders. The program aims to not only explore leadership and management theories, but put them to practical use.
Students will analyze complex problems, help solve current issues for sport organizations, and collaborate to find creative solutions. This master’s degree in sport leadership and management is meant for anyone currently working in, or hoping to work in professional sports, collegiate or high school sports or intramurals, as well as those in the public and non-profit recreation sectors. Incoming students may have an undergraduate degree in any subject area.
Class Delivery Format
A new cohort will begin in mid-August each year. Students enrolled in this online master’s program can complete the MS degree in 1 calendar year by taking 6 credits each 7 week cycle, or by taking 3 credits each cycle and spread the work out over 2 years.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Provisional admission of students with a 2.85-2.99 GPA
- Acceptable interview with the MS program director
- Official transcripts
- Current resume or CV
For international students the following is required:
- Transcripts (English translation is required) with proof of degree conferred
- Financial Statement (ISFS) with affidavit of financial support to pay
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Scores. An 80 TOEFL score is required. A 6.5 IELTS score is required